How to buy Oceania Healthcare (OCA) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Oceania Healthcare shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Oceania Healthcare Limited is a medical care facilities business based in Australia. Oceania Healthcare shares (OCA) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Oceania Healthcare has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $213 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Oceania Healthcare
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Oceania Healthcare . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: OCA. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Oceania Healthcare reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Oceania Healthcare . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Oceania Healthcare key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Oceania Healthcare stock a buy or sell?
- Oceania Healthcare performance over time
- Are Oceania Healthcare shares over-valued?
- Oceania Healthcare 's financials
- How volatile are Oceania Healthcare shares?
- Does Oceania Healthcare pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Oceania Healthcare stock price (ASX:OCA)Use our graph to track the performance of OCA stocks over time.
Oceania Healthcare shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.8563 - $1.49|
|50-day moving average||$1.3982|
|200-day moving average||$1.3403|
|Dividend yield||$0.041 (2.8%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.157|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Oceania Healthcare stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Oceania Healthcare price performance over time
|1 month (2021-07-06)||-2.88%|
|3 months (2021-05-06)||6.30%|
Is Oceania Healthcare under- or over-valued?
Valuing Oceania Healthcare stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Oceania Healthcare 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Oceania Healthcare 's P/E ratio
Oceania Healthcare 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 9x. In other words, Oceania Healthcare shares trade at around 9x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Oceania Healthcare 's EBITDA
Oceania Healthcare 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $8.9 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Oceania Healthcare 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Oceania Healthcare financials
|Revenue TTM||$213 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$74 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-0.41%|
|Return on equity TTM||-0.58%|
|Market capitalisation||$1 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Oceania Healthcare share dividends
We're not expecting Oceania Healthcare to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Oceania Healthcare share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Oceania Healthcare 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.8563 up to $1.49. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Oceania Healthcare 's is 0.7548. This would suggest that Oceania Healthcare 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Oceania Healthcare overview
Oceania Healthcare Limited owns and operates various retirement village and aged care centers in New Zealand. The company operates through three segments: Care Operations, Village Operations, and Other. It provides rest home, hospital, dementia, respite, and palliative and end of life care centers; and boutique villages. The company was formerly known as Retirement Care (NZ) Limited and changed its name to Oceania Healthcare Limited in September 2014. Oceania Healthcare Limited was incorporated in 2005 and is based in Auckland, New Zealand.
Oceania Healthcare in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the WAY2VAT IPO
Everything we know about the WAY2VAT IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Pearl Gull Iron IPO
Everything we know about the Pearl Gull Iron IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Zoom2u Technologies IPO
Everything we know about the Zoom2u Technologies IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Copper Search IPO
Copper Search is expected to go public . Here's how to buy in when the IPO launches.
How to invest in the Alvo Minerals IPO
Everything we know about the Alvo Minerals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Star Minerals Limited IPO
Everything we know about the Star Minerals Limited IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Heavy Mineral Limited IPO
Everything we know about the Heavy Mineral Limited IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the X2M Connect IPO
Everything we know about the X2M Connect IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Industrial Minerals (IND.AU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Industrial Minerals shares.
How to invest in the SSH Group IPO
Everything we know about the SSH Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert