How to buy Oceania Healthcare shares | A$1.235
Own Oceania Healthcare shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Oceania Healthcare Limited is a medical care facilities business based in Australia. Oceania Healthcare shares (OCA) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $1.235 – a decrease of 0.8% over the previous week. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $764.6 million.
How to buy shares in Oceania Healthcare
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Oceania Healthcare . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: OCA. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Oceania Healthcare reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.235, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Oceania Healthcare . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Oceania Healthcare key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Oceania Healthcare stock a buy or sell?
- Oceania Healthcare performance over time
- Are Oceania Healthcare shares over-valued?
- Oceania Healthcare 's financials
- How volatile are Oceania Healthcare shares?
- Does Oceania Healthcare pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Oceania Healthcare 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Oceania Healthcare 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $1.235, which is 6.07% up on its pre-crash value of $1.16 and 116.67% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.57.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Oceania Healthcare shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $538.46 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,055.55.
Oceania Healthcare share priceUse our graph to track the performance of OCA stocks over time.
Oceania Healthcare shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$1.235|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.57 - AUDA$1.28|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.9863|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.8654|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.02 (1.6%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.087|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Oceania Healthcare stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Oceania Healthcare price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-13)||2.92%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||34.24%|
|3 months (2020-07-20)||27.98%|
|6 months (2020-04-20)||54.38%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||34.97%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||11.26%|
|3 years (2017-10-20)||32.09%|
|5 years (2015-10-16)||N/A|
Is Oceania Healthcare under- or over-valued?
Valuing Oceania Healthcare stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Oceania Healthcare 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Oceania Healthcare 's P/E ratio
Oceania Healthcare 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 9x. In other words, Oceania Healthcare shares trade at around 9x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Oceania Healthcare financials
|Gross profit TTM||$64.1 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-0.77%|
|Return on equity TTM||-2.26%|
|Market capitalisation||$764.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Oceania Healthcare share dividends
We're not expecting Oceania Healthcare to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Oceania Healthcare share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Oceania Healthcare 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.57 up to $1.28. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Oceania Healthcare 's is 1.2608. This would suggest that Oceania Healthcare 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Oceania Healthcare overview
Oceania Healthcare Limited owns and operates various aged care centers and retirement villages in New Zealand. The company operates through three segments: Care Operations, Village Operations, and Other. It provides rest home, hospital, dementia, respite, and palliative/end of life care; and independent retirement village living at approximately 40 locations. The company was formerly known as Retirement Care (NZ) Limited and changed its name to Oceania Healthcare Limited in September 2014. Oceania Healthcare Limited was founded in 2005 and is based in Auckland, New Zealand.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert