How to buy OceanaGold Corporation (OGC) shares
Learn how to easily invest in OceanaGold Corporation shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
OceanaGold Corporation is a gold business based in Australia. OceanaGold Corporation shares (OGC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. OceanaGold Corporation has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $597.6 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in OceanaGold Corporation
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for OceanaGold Corporation. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: OGC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until OceanaGold Corporation reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of OceanaGold Corporation. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- OceanaGold Corporation key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is OceanaGold Corporation stock a buy or sell?
- OceanaGold Corporation performance over time
- OceanaGold Corporation's financials
- How volatile are OceanaGold Corporation shares?
- Does OceanaGold Corporation pay a dividend?
- Have OceanaGold Corporation shares ever split?
- Other common questions
OceanaGold Corporation stock price (ASX:OGC)Use our graph to track the performance of OGC stocks over time.
OceanaGold Corporation shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.715 - $2.84|
|50-day moving average||$2.4889|
|200-day moving average||$2.3914|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.099|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy OceanaGold Corporation stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
OceanaGold Corporation price performance over time
|1 week (2021-09-09)||4.12%|
|1 month (2021-08-18)||2.85%|
|3 months (2021-06-18)||-2.69%|
|6 months (2021-03-19)||25.25%|
|1 year (2020-09-18)||-12.46%|
|2 years (2019-09-18)||-32.35%|
|3 years (2018-09-18)||-33.77%|
|5 years (2016-09-16)||-42.37%|
Is OceanaGold Corporation under- or over-valued?
Valuing OceanaGold Corporation stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of OceanaGold Corporation's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
OceanaGold Corporation's EBITDA
OceanaGold Corporation's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $217.9 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a OceanaGold Corporation's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
OceanaGold Corporation financials
|Revenue TTM||$597.6 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$226.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-0.25%|
|Return on equity TTM||-2.93%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.8 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
OceanaGold Corporation share dividends
We're not expecting OceanaGold Corporation to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have OceanaGold Corporation's shares ever split?
OceanaGold Corporation's shares were split on a 1:5 basis on 17 June 2007. So if you had owned 5 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your OceanaGold Corporation shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for OceanaGold Corporation shares which in turn could have impacted OceanaGold Corporation's share price.
OceanaGold Corporation share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, OceanaGold Corporation's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.715 up to $2.84. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while OceanaGold Corporation's is 1.4402. This would suggest that OceanaGold Corporation's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
OceanaGold Corporation overview
OceanaGold Corporation, a gold producer, engages in the exploration, development, and operation of mineral properties. It explores for gold, copper, silver, and other minerals. The company operates the Didipio gold-copper mine located in the Nueva Vizcaya and Quirino provinces on the island of Luzon in the Philippines; the Macraes goldfield mine on the South Island of New Zealand; the Waihi gold mine on the North Island of New Zealand; and the Haile gold mine located in South Carolina, the United States. It also has a pipeline of exploration opportunities in the Americas and the Asia-Pacific regions. OceanaGold Corporation was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in South Brisbane, Australia.
Stocks similar to OceanaGold Corporation
OceanaGold Corporation in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Why is the Telstra share price running higher today?
Shares in the telecoms operator have jumped nearly 40% over the last 12 months.
How to buy IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Wabi (WABI) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Wabi (WABI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Cindicator (CND) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Cindicator (CND) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy MonaCoin (MONA) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the MonaCoin (MONA) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Bluzelle (BLZ) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Bluzelle (BLZ) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Whitecoin (XWC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Whitecoin (XWC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Storj (STORJ) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Storj (STORJ) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Will Qantas shares jump as it locks in travel dates to Fiji, the UK and the US?
Despite the good news, Qantas shares closed flat following the announcement, but that could change in the coming weeks.
Why is the Pilbara Minerals share price zooming today?
Shares in the lithium producer are up five-fold over the last 12 months.
Ask an Expert