NRW Holdings Limited is an engineering & construction business based in Australia. NRW Holdings shares (NWH) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. NRW Holdings has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $2 billion.
How to buy shares in NRW Holdings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for NRW Holdings. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: NWH. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until NRW Holdings reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of NRW Holdings. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
NRW Holdings share priceUse our graph to track the performance of NWH stocks over time.
NRW Holdings shares at a glance
|52-week range||AUDA$1 - AUDA$3.45|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$2.0386|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$1.7876|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.08 (3.81%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.18|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy NRW Holdings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is NRW Holdings under- or over-valued?
Valuing NRW Holdings stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of NRW Holdings's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
NRW Holdings's P/E ratio
NRW Holdings's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 12x. In other words, NRW Holdings shares trade at around 12x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
NRW Holdings's EBITDA
NRW Holdings's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $224 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a NRW Holdings's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
NRW Holdings financials
|Revenue TTM||$2 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||5.72%|
|Gross profit TTM||$980.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||7.92%|
|Return on equity TTM||19.31%|
|Market capitalisation||$887.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
NRW Holdings share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 25% of net profits
Recently NRW Holdings has paid out, on average, around 25% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 3.81% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), NRW Holdings shareholders could enjoy a 3.81% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In NRW Holdings's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.08 per share.
While NRW Holdings's payout ratio might seem fairly standard, it's worth remembering that NRW Holdings may be investing much of the rest of its net profits in future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 27 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
NRW Holdings share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, NRW Holdings's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1 up to $3.45. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while NRW Holdings's is 2.2633. This would suggest that NRW Holdings's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
NRW Holdings overview
NRW Holdings Limited, through its subsidiaries, provides civil and mining contracting, urban development, and drilling and blasting services in Australia. It operates through four business segments: Civil, Mining, Drill and Blast, and Mining Technologies. The Civil segment delivers private and public civil infrastructure, mine development, bulk earthworks, and commercial and residential subdivision projects. Its civil construction projects include roads, bridges, tailings storage facilities, rail formations, ports, water infrastructure, and concrete installations. The Mining segment engages in the mine management and development, contract mining, load and haul, dragline, and coal handling preparation plant operations; mine site rehabilitation; maintenance activities; mobile equipment; and fabrication of water and service vehicles, as well as truck sales. The Drill and Blast segment offers integrated and end to end production drill and blast services to the mining and civil construction sectors. The Mining Technologies segment provides material handling, facility maintenance, industrial engineering, fabrication, and shutdown services; supplies mining technologies; and provides thermal engineering and heat treatment services, as well as mining equipment solutions. NRW Holdings Limited was founded in 1994 and is based in Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert