How to buy Novavax (NVAX) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in Novavax shares.
Novavax Inc is a biotechnology business with stocks listed in the US. Novavax shares (NVAX) are listed on the NASDAQ and all prices are listed in US Dollars. Its last market close was US$5.57 – an increase of 2.01% over the previous week. Here's how to invest if you're based in Australia.
How to buy shares in Novavax
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a company listed in the US from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. Look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, which will typically include your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Novavax. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: NVAX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment that matches your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Novavax reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying using consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$5.57, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Novavax, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Novavax. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights.
Novavax stock price (NASDAQ:NVAX)Use our graph to track the performance of NVAX stocks over time.
Have Novavax's shares ever split?
Novavax's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 10 May 2019. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Novavax shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Novavax shares which in turn could have impacted Novavax's share price.
Novavax shares at a glance
|52-week range||US$5.3 - US$18.55|
|50-day moving average||US$6.7004|
|200-day moving average||US$7.5833|
|Dividend yield||US$0 (0.93%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||US$-6.23|
Novavax price performance over time
|1 week (2023-11-27)||2.01%|
|1 month (2023-11-03)||-21.10%|
|3 months (2023-09-01)||-32.16%|
|6 months (2023-06-02)||-26.90%|
|1 year (2022-12-02)||-66.28%|
|2 years (2021-12-03)||-96.53%|
|3 years (2020-12-04)||-95.59%|
|5 years (2018-12-04)||-86.28%|
Compare trading platforms to buy Novavax shares
Is it a good time to buy Novavax stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Novavax share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Novavax's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$5.3 up to US$18.55. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NASDAQ average) beta is 1, while Novavax's is 1.725. This would suggest that Novavax's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
|Revenue TTM||US$1 billion|
|Gross profit TTM||US$-156,045,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-19.51%|
|Return on equity TTM||-898.2%|
|Market capitalisation||US$648.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Novavax share dividends
We're not expecting Novavax to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Novavax, Inc., a biotechnology company, that promotes improved health by discovering, developing, and commercializing vaccines to protect against serious infectious diseases. It offers vaccine platform that combines a recombinant protein approach, nanoparticle technology, and its patented Matrix-M adjuvant to enhance the immune response. It focuses on urgent health challenges, which is evaluating vaccines for COVID-19, influenza, and COVID-19 and influenza combined. The company is commercializing a COVID-19 vaccine, NVX-CoV2373 under the brand names of Nuvaxovid, Covovax, and Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine, Adjuvanted for adult and adolescent populations as a primary series and for both homologous and heterologous booster indications. It is also focusing on products candidates for respiratory syncytial virus and malaria. Novavax, Inc. was incorporated in 1987 and is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Stocks similar to Novavax
Novavax in the news
Is Novavax Stock a Buy Now?
3 Short-Squeeze Stocks That Could Take Off Before Year-End
Novavax's (NVAX) Updated COVID Jab Gets WHO Nod for Emergency Use
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy OpenAI stock in Australia
Looking to jump on the AI bandwagon? Here's how you can invest in ChatGPT and its parent company OpenAI from Australia.
Best performing stocks on the ASX in 2023 (Updated weekly)
Looking for the best performing stocks in Australia? We update this list weekly.
Cryptocurrency ETFs explained: A simple guide for investors (2023)
If you’re looking for ways to gain exposure to Bitcoin and other digital currencies, cryptocurrency ETFs could be worth exploring. Find out what crypto ETFs are and how they work in this introductory guide.
How to buy Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA ADR (GOL) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Microsoft (MSFT) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Microsoft shares from in Australia.
A beginner’s guide to Lego investing
Looking for alternative investments? With a ROI of up to 3,593% lego may be worth considering. Read on to find out which lego sets are worth the investment.
The cheapest stock brokers in Australia (Dec 2023)
Find cheap stock brokerage in Australia when buying and selling shares on the ASX and other international exchanges.
What is the money market?
Learn about the money market and everyday consumer money market products.
Is investing in crowdfunding a safe investment?
Equity crowdfunding offers a unique opportunity for investors and for Australian startups, but Australia’s regulatory framework surrounding crowdfunding still lags behind the rest of the world.
The best trading platforms in Australia for 2023
Follow these tips to find the best share trading platform for you.
Ask an Expert