How to buy Norwest Energy NL shares | A$0.004
Own Norwest Energy NL shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Norwest Energy NL is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Norwest Energy NL shares (NWE) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.004 – the same closing value as a week prior. Norwest Energy NL has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $284,421.
How to buy shares in Norwest Energy NL
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Norwest Energy NL. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: NWE. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Norwest Energy NL reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.004, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Norwest Energy NL. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Norwest Energy NL key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Norwest Energy NL stock a buy or sell?
- Norwest Energy NL performance over time
- Norwest Energy NL's financials
- How volatile are Norwest Energy NL shares?
- Does Norwest Energy NL pay a dividend?
- Have Norwest Energy NL shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Norwest Energy NL's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Norwest Energy NL's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.004, which is 20.00% down on its pre-crash value of $0.005 and 100.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.002.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Norwest Energy NL shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $500.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $800.00.
Norwest Energy NL share priceUse our graph to track the performance of NWE stocks over time.
Norwest Energy NL shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.004|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.002 - AUDA$0.008|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0038|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0033|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.0019|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Norwest Energy NL stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Norwest Energy NL price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-12)||0%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||-20.00%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||33.33%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||33.33%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||-33.33%|
|2 years (2018-10-18)||60.00%|
|3 years (2017-10-19)||0%|
|5 years (2015-10-16)||8.11%|
Norwest Energy NL financials
|Gross profit TTM||$284,421|
|Return on assets TTM||-96.67%|
|Return on equity TTM||-164.91%|
|Market capitalisation||$16.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Norwest Energy NL share dividends
We're not expecting Norwest Energy NL to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Norwest Energy NL's shares ever split?
Norwest Energy NL's shares were split on 10 August 2009.
Norwest Energy NL share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Norwest Energy NL's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.002 up to $0.008. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Norwest Energy NL's is 1.9926. This would suggest that Norwest Energy NL's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Norwest Energy NL overview
Norwest Energy NL explores for hydrocarbon resources in Australia. It owns 20% interest in EP368; 22.22% interest in EP426 license; 25% interest in TP/15 license; and 27.945% interest in EP413 license located in Australia. The company was founded in 1997 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert