How to buy Northern Minerals (NTU) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in Northern Minerals shares.
Northern Minerals is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Northern Minerals shares (NTU) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Northern Minerals has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $6,538. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Northern Minerals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Northern Minerals . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: NTU. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Northern Minerals reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Northern Minerals . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Northern Minerals key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Northern Minerals stock a buy or sell?
- Northern Minerals performance over time
- Northern Minerals 's financials
- How volatile are Northern Minerals shares?
- Does Northern Minerals pay a dividend?
- Have Northern Minerals shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Northern Minerals stock price (ASX:NTU)Use our graph to track the performance of NTU stocks over time.
Northern Minerals shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.026 - $0.049|
|50-day moving average||$0.0297|
|200-day moving average||$0.0355|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0|
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Northern Minerals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Northern Minerals price performance over time
|1 week (2023-11-21)||24.14%|
|1 month (2023-10-27)||20.00%|
|3 months (2023-08-28)||9.09%|
|6 months (2023-05-26)||-8.86%|
|1 year (2022-11-28)||-96.57%|
|2 years (2021-11-26)||-97.82%|
|3 years (2020-11-27)||-95.89%|
|5 years (2018-11-28)||-97.64%|
Northern Minerals financials
|Gross profit TTM||$-55,014|
|Return on assets TTM||-91.94%|
|Return on equity TTM||-15520.82%|
|Market capitalisation||$177.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Northern Minerals share dividends
We're not expecting Northern Minerals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Northern Minerals 's shares ever split?
Northern Minerals 's shares were split on a 1:25 basis on 21 December 2022. So if you had owned 25 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Northern Minerals shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 2400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Northern Minerals shares which in turn could have impacted Northern Minerals 's share price.
Northern Minerals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Northern Minerals 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.026 up to $0.049. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Northern Minerals 's is 0.587. This would suggest that Northern Minerals 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Northern Minerals overview
Northern Minerals Limited operates in the mineral exploration industry in Australia. The company explores for dysprosium and other heavy rare earths. Its flagship project includes the 100% owned Browns Range Pilot Plant project that covers an area of approximately 2,750 square kilometers located in the south east of Halls Creek in northern Western Australia. The company was formerly known as Northern Uranium Limited and changed its name to Northern Minerals Limited in February 2011. Northern Minerals Limited was incorporated in 2006 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Stocks similar to Northern Minerals
Northern Minerals in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy OpenAI stock in Australia
Looking to jump on the AI bandwagon? Here's how you can invest in ChatGPT and its parent company OpenAI from Australia.
Best performing stocks on the ASX in 2023 (Updated weekly)
Looking for the best performing stocks in Australia? We update this list weekly.
Cryptocurrency ETFs explained: A simple guide for investors (2023)
If you’re looking for ways to gain exposure to Bitcoin and other digital currencies, cryptocurrency ETFs could be worth exploring. Find out what crypto ETFs are and how they work in this introductory guide.
How to buy Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA ADR (GOL) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Microsoft (MSFT) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Microsoft shares from in Australia.
A beginner’s guide to Lego investing
Looking for alternative investments? With a ROI of up to 3,593% lego may be worth considering. Read on to find out which lego sets are worth the investment.
The cheapest stock brokers in Australia (Nov 2023)
Find cheap stock brokerage in Australia when buying and selling shares on the ASX and other international exchanges.
What is the money market?
Learn about the money market and everyday consumer money market products.
Is investing in crowdfunding a safe investment?
Equity crowdfunding offers a unique opportunity for investors and for Australian startups, but Australia’s regulatory framework surrounding crowdfunding still lags behind the rest of the world.
The best trading platforms in Australia for 2023
Follow these tips to find the best share trading platform for you.
Ask an Expert