How to buy Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings shares | A$2.11
Own Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings Limited is a broadcasting business based in Australia. Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings shares (NEC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $2.11 – an increase of 6.03% over the previous week. Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $2.2 billion.
How to buy shares in Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: NEC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $2.11, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings stock a buy or sell?
- Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings performance over time
- Are Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings shares over-valued?
- Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings 's financials
- How volatile are Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings shares?
- Does Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $2.11, which is 17.77% up on its pre-crash value of $1.735 and 158.90% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.815.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $464.09 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,165.75.
Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings share priceUse our graph to track the performance of NEC stocks over time.
Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$2.11|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.815 - AUDA$2.02|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$1.7278|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$1.4674|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.04 (2.05%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.08|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-12)||8.21%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||27.88%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||52.90%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||83.48%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||16.25%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||14.05%|
|3 years (2017-10-19)||40.20%|
|5 years (2015-10-19)||30.65%|
Is Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings under- or over-valued?
Valuing Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings 's P/E ratio
Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 36x. In other words, Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings shares trade at around 36x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings 's EBITDA
Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $302.8 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings financials
|Revenue TTM||$2.2 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||8.9%|
|Gross profit TTM||$354.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||3.02%|
|Return on equity TTM||-21.84%|
|Market capitalisation||$3.5 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings share dividends
We're not expecting Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.815 up to $2.02. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings 's is 1.0419. This would suggest that Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings overview
Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings Limited engages in the broadcasting and program production businesses across free to air television and metropolitan radio networks in Australia. It operates through Broadcasting, Digital and Publishing, Domain Group, and Stan segments. The company provides television services under the brands, including Channel 9, 9Rush, 9Go!, 9Gem, and 9Life; video on demand platform under 9Now brand; talkback radio stations under 2GB, 3AW, 4BC, 6PR, 2UE, 4BH, 6GT, Magic1278 brands; and publishes newspapers, news-inserted magazines, and events, as well as nine.com.au, a site of news, sport, entertainment, and lifestyle content. It offers mastheads under the The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, and The Australian Financial Review brands. The company also provides real estate media and technology services. Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings Limited was founded in 1956 and is headquartered in North Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert