How to buy NGE Capital shares | A$0.52
Own NGE Capital shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
NGE Capital Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. NGE Capital shares (NGE) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.52 – an increase of 1.96% over the previous week. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $18.2 million.
How to buy shares in NGE Capital
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for NGE Capital . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: NGE. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until NGE Capital reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.52, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of NGE Capital . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- NGE Capital key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is NGE Capital stock a buy or sell?
- NGE Capital performance over time
- Are NGE Capital shares over-valued?
- NGE Capital 's financials
- How volatile are NGE Capital shares?
- Does NGE Capital pay a dividend?
- Have NGE Capital shares ever split?
- Other common questions
NGE Capital share priceUse our graph to track the performance of NGE stocks over time.
NGE Capital shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.52|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.352 - AUDA$0.75|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.5042|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.4803|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.086|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy NGE Capital stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
NGE Capital price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-23)||-0.95%|
|1 month (2020-10-01)||6.12%|
|3 months (2020-07-31)||7.22%|
|6 months (2020-05-01)||25.09%|
|1 year (2019-10-30)||-12.61%|
|2 years (2018-10-31)||36.84%|
|3 years (2017-10-31)||75.68%|
|5 years (2015-10-30)||157.43%|
Is NGE Capital under- or over-valued?
Valuing NGE Capital stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of NGE Capital 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
NGE Capital 's P/E ratio
NGE Capital 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 6x. In other words, NGE Capital shares trade at around 6x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
NGE Capital financials
|Operating margin TTM||118.87%|
|Gross profit TTM||$376,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-18.89%|
|Return on equity TTM||-18.4%|
|Market capitalisation||$18.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
NGE Capital share dividends
We're not expecting NGE Capital to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have NGE Capital 's shares ever split?
NGE Capital 's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 2 November 2016. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your NGE Capital shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for NGE Capital shares which in turn could have impacted NGE Capital 's share price.
NGE Capital share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, NGE Capital 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.352 up to $0.75. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while NGE Capital 's is 1.2063. This would suggest that NGE Capital 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
NGE Capital overview
NGE Capital Limited operates as an investment company in Australia. It invests in listed and unlisted securities. The company was formerly known as New Guinea Energy Limited and changed its name to NGE Capital Limited in June 2017. NGE Capital Limited was founded in 2005 and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Youfoodz (NGE.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Youfoodz IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Hipages (NGE.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Hipages IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy the US Vegan Climate ETF | N/AN/A
Steps to owning and managing buy US Vegan Climate ETF units.
How to buy Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares | A$0.023
Steps to owning and managing Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares from Australia.
How to buy NGE Capital shares | $56.73
Steps to owning and managing Bunge Ltd shares from Australia.
How to buy NGE Capital shares | $37.47
Steps to owning and managing Conagra Brands shares from Australia.
How to buy NGE Capital shares | $67.1
Steps to owning and managing Kellogg Company shares from Australia.
How to buy NGE Capital shares | $70.89
Steps to owning and managing Ingredion shares from Australia
How to buy NGE Capital shares | $59.71
Steps to owning and managing Tyson Foods shares from Australia.
Where to buy writing pencils online in Australia
A list of stores to buy writing pencils online in Australia.
Ask an Expert