How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Nexgen Energy shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Nexgen Energy is an uranium business based in Australia. Nexgen Energy shares (NXG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Nexgen Energy has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $3.4 billion. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Nexgen Energy
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Nexgen Energy. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: NXG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Nexgen Energy reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Nexgen Energy. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
Nexgen Energy stock price (ASX:NXG)Use our graph to track the performance of NXG stocks over time.
Nexgen Energy shares at a glance
|52-week range||$5 - $8.99|
|50-day moving average||$7.0784|
|200-day moving average||$6.9787|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.186|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Nexgen Energy stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Nexgen Energy price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-22)||3.15%|
|1 month (2022-05-27)||-17.11%|
|3 months (2022-03-29)||-23.70%|
|6 months (2021-12-29)||-8.69%|
Nexgen Energy financials
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||-6.55%|
|Return on equity TTM||-20.05%|
|Market capitalisation||$3.4 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Nexgen Energy share dividends
We're not expecting Nexgen Energy to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Nexgen Energy share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Nexgen Energy's shares have ranged in value from as little as $5 up to $8.99. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Nexgen Energy's is 1.608. This would suggest that Nexgen Energy's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Nexgen Energy overview
NexGen Energy Ltd., an exploration and development stage company, engages in the acquisition, exploration, and evaluation and development of uranium properties in Canada. Its principal asset is the Rook I project comprising 32 contiguous mineral claims totaling an area of 35,065 hectares located in the southwestern Athabasca Basin of Saskatchewan. The company is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada.
Stocks similar to Nexgen Energy
Nexgen Energy in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Kincora Copper (KCC) shares
Steps to owning and managing Kincora Copper shares.
How to invest in the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO
Everything we know about the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Arcadia Minerals (AM7) shares
Steps to owning and managing Arcadia Minerals shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
How to buy Leo lithium shares
Steps to owning and managing Leo lithium shares.
Ask an Expert