We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
New Hope Corporation Limited is a thermal coal business based in Australia. New Hope Corporation shares (NHC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. New Hope Corporation has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $871.2 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in New Hope Corporation
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for New Hope Corporation. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: NHC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until New Hope Corporation reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of New Hope Corporation. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- New Hope Corporation key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is New Hope Corporation stock a buy or sell?
- New Hope Corporation performance over time
- New Hope Corporation's financials
- How volatile are New Hope Corporation shares?
- Does New Hope Corporation pay a dividend?
- Have New Hope Corporation shares ever split?
- Other common questions
New Hope Corporation share priceUse our graph to track the performance of NHC stocks over time.
New Hope Corporation shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.0196 - $1.96|
|50-day moving average||$1.4242|
|200-day moving average||$1.3697|
|Dividend yield||$0.04 (2.06%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.193|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy New Hope Corporation stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
New Hope Corporation price performance over time
|1 week (2021-06-17)||-9.84%|
|1 month (2021-05-24)||26.02%|
|3 months (2021-03-24)||24.63%|
|6 months (2020-12-24)||19.79%|
|1 year (2020-06-24)||21.94%|
|2 years (2019-06-24)||-37.68%|
|3 years (2018-06-22)||-44.06%|
|5 years (2016-06-24)||21.94%|
Is New Hope Corporation under- or over-valued?
Valuing New Hope Corporation stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of New Hope Corporation's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
New Hope Corporation's EBITDA
New Hope Corporation's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $165.7 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a New Hope Corporation's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
New Hope Corporation financials
|Revenue TTM||$871.2 million|
|Operating margin TTM||3.81%|
|Gross profit TTM||$324.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||0.76%|
|Return on equity TTM||-15.59%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.6 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
New Hope Corporation share dividends
We're not expecting New Hope Corporation to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have New Hope Corporation's shares ever split?
New Hope Corporation's shares were split on 20 October 2008.
New Hope Corporation share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, New Hope Corporation's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.0196 up to $1.96. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while New Hope Corporation's is 1.0287. This would suggest that New Hope Corporation's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
New Hope Corporation overview
New Hope Corporation Limited explores, develops, produces, and processes coal, and oil and gas properties. It operates through three segments: Coal mining in Queensland, Coal mining in New South Wales, and Other. The company has interests in two open cut coal mines in South East Queensland that produce thermal coal, including the New Acland project, which is located in north-west of Oakey, Queensland; and the Jeebropilly coal mine located in the West Moreton region near Ipswich. It also holds interests in oil projects and exploration permits based in the Eromanga Basin of south west Queensland; and two onshore exploration permits in the Otway Basin of south western Victoria. In addition, the company engages in the port management, agriculture, marketing, and logistics activities. It has operations in Japan, China, Taiwan, Chile, Korea, Vietnam, India, Australia, and internationally. The company was founded in 1952 and is based in Brisbane, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Prime Day VR gaming deal: $60 off the Oculus Quest 2
Amazon is selling the standalone Oculus Quest 2 virtual-reality headset for $432.12. You can also score $77 off the 256GB version.
Barefoot Investor: How to watch Scott Pape’s Money Movement docu-series online
This fresh docu-series features the one and only Barefoot Investor.
Prime Day’s best health and fitness deals: Garmin, FitBit, PranaOn
Stocking up on your favourite supplements or adding to your home gym, Amazon has got you covered with these red-hot offers.
Amazon Prime Day’s best camera deals: Nikon, Panasonic and more
DSLR, digital, polaroids, lenses and accessories - these are the best camera deals Amazon has to offer this Prime Day.
Biggest Amazon Prime Day discounts: 75% off games + heaps more
Top offers so far include 75% off games, 68% off tech and 38% off alcohol.
Jetstar sale offers new route to “Australia’s most beautiful coastlines”
You have to be quick, these fares are gone with the strike of midnight.
Kobo Elipsa review: An ereader and enote 2-in-1
The Kobo Elipsa makes a valiant attempt to bridge the gap between eReader and eNote. It doesn’t manage to excel at being one or the other as its big for an eReader, and slow for an eNote.
Amazon Prime Day: Best board game offers on Hasbro, MONOPOLY, Jenga
From children to teens and adults, Amazon has got you covered with these awesome board game deals.
Amazon Prime Day: Red-hot fashion deals on Bonds, Champion and more
Fashionistas can score sweet savings on Skechers shoes, Bonds everyday essentials and winter warmers from Champion.
Why has the Zip Co share price run out of steam?
Shares in BNPL provider Zip Co have jumped over 16% in the last month.
Ask an Expert