How to buy Nelson Resources shares
Own Nelson Resources shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Nelson Resources Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Nelson Resources shares (NES) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Nelson Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $25,855.
How to buy shares in Nelson Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Nelson Resources . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: NES. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Nelson Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.077, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Nelson Resources . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Nelson Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Nelson Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Nelson Resources performance over time
- Nelson Resources 's financials
- How volatile are Nelson Resources shares?
- Does Nelson Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Nelson Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Nelson Resources 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Nelson Resources 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.077, which is 48.05% up on its pre-crash value of $0.04 and 266.67% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.021.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Nelson Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $673.47 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,571.43.
Nelson Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of NES stocks over time.
Nelson Resources shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.021 - $0.093|
|50-day moving average||$0.0713|
|200-day moving average||$0.0554|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.024|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Nelson Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Nelson Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-07)||-23.00%|
|1 month (2020-12-17)||18.46%|
|3 months (2020-10-16)||-7.23%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||45.28%|
|1 year (2020-01-16)||50.98%|
|2 years (2019-01-15)||-46.90%|
|3 years (2018-01-16)||-66.52%|
|5 years (2016-01-13)||N/A|
Nelson Resources financials
|Gross profit TTM||$25,855|
|Return on assets TTM||-8.06%|
|Return on equity TTM||-18.01%|
|Market capitalisation||$9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Nelson Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Nelson Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Nelson Resources 's shares ever split?
Nelson Resources 's shares were split on 12 February 2010.
Nelson Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Nelson Resources 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.021 up to $0.093. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Nelson Resources 's is 2.2324. This would suggest that Nelson Resources 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Nelson Resources overview
Nelson Resources Limited engages in the exploration and development of natural resources in Australia. It primarily explores for gold and nickel. The company's flagship project is the 828 square kilometers Woodline Project located at the boundary between the Proterozoic Albany-Fraser Orogen and the Archean Yilgarn-Craton. It holds a portfolio of gold tenements covering an area of 956 square kilometers located in the Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia. The company was formerly known as Mongolian Resource Corporation Limited and changed its name to Nelson Resources Limited in November 2016. Nelson Resources Limited was incorporated in 2007 and is based in Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Nelson Resources units | A$51.7
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Nelson Resources units | A$52.97
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Nelson Resources units | A$102.29
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Nelson Resources units | A$23.73
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Nelson Resources units | A$88.25
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Nelson Resources units | A$16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Nelson Resources units | A$74.89
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Nelson Resources units | A$50.91
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Nelson Resources units | A$9.43
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert