How to buy Navigator Global Investments shares
Own Navigator Global Investments shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Navigator Global Investments Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. Navigator Global Investments shares (NGI) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Navigator Global Investments has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $93.1 million..
How to buy shares in Navigator Global Investments
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Navigator Global Investments . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: NGI. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Navigator Global Investments reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.63, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Navigator Global Investments . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Navigator Global Investments key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Navigator Global Investments stock a buy or sell?
- Navigator Global Investments performance over time
- Are Navigator Global Investments shares over-valued?
- Navigator Global Investments 's financials
- How volatile are Navigator Global Investments shares?
- Does Navigator Global Investments pay a dividend?
- Have Navigator Global Investments shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Navigator Global Investments share priceUse our graph to track the performance of NGI stocks over time.
Navigator Global Investments shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.14 - $3.64|
|50-day moving average||$1.5492|
|200-day moving average||$1.4112|
|Dividend yield||$0.15 (9.83%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.112|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Navigator Global Investments stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Navigator Global Investments price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||-17.88%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||-4.12%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||3.82%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||21.64%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||-46.03%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||-47.76%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||-57.11%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||-35.32%|
Is Navigator Global Investments under- or over-valued?
Valuing Navigator Global Investments stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Navigator Global Investments 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Navigator Global Investments 's P/E ratio
Navigator Global Investments 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 10x. In other words, Navigator Global Investments shares trade at around 10x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Navigator Global Investments 's EBITDA
Navigator Global Investments 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $31.1 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Navigator Global Investments 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Navigator Global Investments financials
|Revenue TTM||$93.1 million|
|Operating margin TTM||31.44%|
|Gross profit TTM||$50 million|
|Return on assets TTM||8.16%|
|Return on equity TTM||8.75%|
|Market capitalisation||$262.7 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Navigator Global Investments share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 159.82% of net profits
Recently Navigator Global Investments has paid out, on average, around 159.82% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 9.83% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Navigator Global Investments shareholders could enjoy a 9.83% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Navigator Global Investments 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.15 per share.
Navigator Global Investments 's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 19 August 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have Navigator Global Investments 's shares ever split?
Navigator Global Investments 's shares were split on a 1:4 basis on 1 March 2011. So if you had owned 4 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Navigator Global Investments shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 300% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Navigator Global Investments shares which in turn could have impacted Navigator Global Investments 's share price.
Navigator Global Investments share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Navigator Global Investments 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.14 up to $3.64. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Navigator Global Investments 's is 0.5523. This would suggest that Navigator Global Investments 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Navigator Global Investments overview
HFA Holdings Limited operates as a fund management company in Australia. The company, through its subsidiaries, offers open-ended products and structured products to retail, wholesale, and institutional investors. HFA Holdings is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Navigator Global Investments units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Navigator Global Investments units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Navigator Global Investments units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Navigator Global Investments units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Navigator Global Investments units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Navigator Global Investments units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Navigator Global Investments units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Navigator Global Investments units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Navigator Global Investments units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert