How to buy Namoi Cotton (NAM) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Namoi Cotton shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Namoi Cotton Limited is a farm products business based in Australia. Namoi Cotton shares (NAM) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Namoi Cotton has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $18.1 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Namoi Cotton
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Namoi Cotton . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: NAM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Namoi Cotton reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Namoi Cotton . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Namoi Cotton stock price (ASX:NAM)Use our graph to track the performance of NAM stocks over time.
Namoi Cotton shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.255 - $0.445|
|50-day moving average||$0.3797|
|200-day moving average||$0.3592|
|Dividend yield||$0.019 (4.81%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.004|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Namoi Cotton stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Namoi Cotton price performance over time
|1 month (2021-07-01)||8.33%|
|3 months (2021-04-30)||-9.30%|
Is Namoi Cotton under- or over-valued?
Valuing Namoi Cotton stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Namoi Cotton 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Namoi Cotton 's EBITDA
Namoi Cotton 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $2.8 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Namoi Cotton 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Namoi Cotton financials
|Revenue TTM||$18.1 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$13.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-2.84%|
|Return on equity TTM||-12.64%|
|Market capitalisation||$66.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Namoi Cotton share dividends
We're not expecting Namoi Cotton to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Namoi Cotton share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Namoi Cotton 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.255 up to $0.445. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Namoi Cotton 's is 0.3888. This would suggest that Namoi Cotton 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Namoi Cotton overview
Namoi Cotton Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the ginning and marketing of cotton in Australia and Asia. The company operates 11 cotton gins in New South Wales and Queensland. It is also involved in the purchase of lint cotton from growers through various forward contracts; and trading and marketing of cottonseeds. In addition, the company provides cotton classing services to the cotton industry. Further, it engages in the sale and logistics of plastic waste from ginning activities. The company was formerly known as Namoi Cotton Co-operative Ltd and changed its name to Namoi Cotton Limited in October 2017. Namoi Cotton Limited was founded in 1962 and is based in Toowoomba, Australia.
Stocks similar to Namoi Cotton
Namoi Cotton in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the X2M Connect IPO
Everything we know about the X2M Connect IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Industrial Minerals (IND.AU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Industrial Minerals shares.
How to invest in the SSH Group IPO
Everything we know about the SSH Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Iris Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Iris Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Li-S Energy IPO
Everything we know about the Li-S Energy IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO
Everything we know about the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the TEK-Ocean Group IPO
Everything we know about the TEK-Ocean Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy HNC Coin (HNC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hellenic Coin (HNC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Maro (MARO) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Maro (MARO) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Ethernity Chain (ERN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Ethernity Chain (ERN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert