How to buy MyState shares | A$3.69
Own MyState shares in just a few minutes.
MyState Limited is a banks—regional business based in Australia. MyState shares (MYS) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $3.69 – a decrease of 1.34% over the previous week. MyState has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $123.9 million.
How to buy shares in MyState
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for MyState. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MYS. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until MyState reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $3.69, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of MyState. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
MyState share priceUse our graph to track the performance of MYS stocks over time.
MyState shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$3.69|
|52-week range||AUDA$3.15 - AUDA$6.17|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$3.7861|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$3.8774|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.29 (7.77%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.329|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy MyState stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
MyState price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-22)||-1.34%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||-4.90%|
|3 months (2020-06-29)||-6.58%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||8.53%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||-18.90%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||-23.60%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||-23.13%|
|5 years (2015-09-29)||-15.56%|
Is MyState under- or over-valued?
Valuing MyState stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of MyState's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
MyState's P/E ratio
MyState's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 12x. In other words, MyState shares trade at around 12x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
|Revenue TTM||$123.9 million|
|Operating margin TTM||34.68%|
|Gross profit TTM||$123.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||0.51%|
|Return on equity TTM||9.08%|
|Market capitalisation||$344.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
MyState share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 87.49% of net profits
Recently MyState has paid out, on average, around 87.49% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 7.77% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), MyState shareholders could enjoy a 7.77% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In MyState's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.29 per share.
MyState's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 27 February 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
MyState share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, MyState's shares have ranged in value from as little as $3.15 up to $6.17. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while MyState's is 0.5361. This would suggest that MyState's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
MyState Limited, through its subsidiaries, provides a range of financial products and services in Australia. It operates in two segments, Banking and Wealth Management. The company offers banking products and services, including transactional savings accounts; fixed term deposits; insurance products; home loans; personal, overdraft, lines of credit, and commercial products; residential and business banking services; and internet and mobile banking, savings and investment, and other services through its branch networks, digital channels, and third party channels. It also provides trustee services, such as estate planning, estate and trust administration, power of attorney, and corporate trustee services. In addition, the company offers wealth management services, such as managed fund investment, and portfolio administration and advisory services. MyState Limited was founded in 2009 and is based in Hobart, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert