How to buy MongoDB (MDB) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in MongoDB shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
MongoDB Inc is a software-infrastructure business with stocks listed in the US. MongoDB shares (MDB) are listed on the NASDAQ and all prices are listed in US Dollars. Its last market close was US$450.16 – a decrease of 13.2% over the previous week. Here's how to invest if you're based in Australia.
How to buy shares in MongoDB
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for MongoDB. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MDB. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until MongoDB reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$481.59, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of MongoDB, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of MongoDB. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
MongoDB stock price (NASDAQ:MDB)Use our graph to track the performance of MDB stocks over time.
MongoDB shares at a glance
|52-week range||US$238.01 - US$590|
|50-day moving average||US$509.4414|
|200-day moving average||US$384.6414|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||US$-4.733|
Where to buy MongoDB stock
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy MongoDB stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Considering buying MongoDB shares?Before you consider MongoDB, you'll want to hear this.
Ticker Nerd uses advanced software to track hundreds of signals and data points to find stocks before they blow up. You can get the next two hot stocks they find sent to your inbox for free.
Show me how
MongoDB price performance over time
|1 week (2021-11-26)||-13.20%|
|3 months (2021-09-03)||-11.28%|
|6 months (2021-06-03)||66.02%|
|1 year (2020-12-04)||62.14%|
|2 years (2019-12-04)||229.84%|
|3 years (2018-12-04)||437.63%|
|Revenue TTM||US$702.2 million|
|Gross profit TTM||US$413.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-8.64%|
|Return on equity TTM||-80.23%|
|Market capitalisation||US$34.3 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
MongoDB share dividends
We're not expecting MongoDB to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
MongoDB share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, MongoDB's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$238.01 up to US$590. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NASDAQ average) beta is 1, while MongoDB's is 0.6336. This would suggest that MongoDB's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
MongoDB, Inc. provides general purpose database platform worldwide. The company offers MongoDB Enterprise Advanced, a commercial database server for enterprise customers to run in the cloud, on-premise, or in a hybrid environment; MongoDB Atlas, a hosted multi-cloud database-as-a-service solution; and Community Server, a free-to-download version of its database, which includes the functionality that developers need to get started with MongoDB. It also provides professional services, such as consulting and training. The company was formerly known as 10gen, Inc. and changed its name to MongoDB, Inc. in August 2013. MongoDB, Inc. was incorporated in 2007 and is headquartered in New York, New York.
MongoDB in the news
Notable Wednesday Option Activity: MDB, GRTS, DOW
MongoDB, Inc. to Present at the Barclays Global Technology, Media and Telecommunications Conference and the UBS Global TMT Conference
Investors Eye Planet’s Global Data Opportunity as Deal Nears Close – Video Highlights
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Watch 2021/22 NBL season live and free: This is how
Basketball fans have plenty to look forward to in the 2021/22 NBL season. Here's how to tune in and our prediction for the year.
Stan loses Grey’s Anatomy, Family Guy and more franchise favourites
Peter Griffin, Dr Meredith Grey, Buffy and more have said goodbye to streaming platform Stan in Australia.
Travel insurance & COVID: How will Omicron impact my policy?
Find out what is and isn’t covered by insurance if Omicron impacts your travel plans.
How to invest in the Allup Silica IPO
Everything we know about the Allup Silica IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
The best products to achieve the clean beauty look
From where the no-makeup makeup look meets the model off duty vibe, we've put together a range of no-fuss products you'll love.
Where to watch Moulin Rouge! online in Australia
Every man wanted her – 1 man dared to love her.
How to watch Man United vs Arsenal Premier League live and match preview
Manchester United are scrambling to stay in touch with the top 4 as they host Arsenal this week
12-day advent calendars you can still get before Christmas
From toys to socks to beauty items, these are the top 12-day advent calendars you can still enjoy in the lead up to Christmas.
McDonald’s (MCD) share price, company profile and news
Steps to owning and managing McDonald's shares from in Australia.
Ask an Expert