Monadelphous Group Limited is an engineering & construction business based in Australia. Monadelphous shares (MND) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Monadelphous has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.5 billion.
How to buy shares in Monadelphous
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Monadelphous. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MND. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Monadelphous reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Monadelphous. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Monadelphous key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Monadelphous stock a buy or sell?
- Monadelphous performance over time
- Are Monadelphous shares over-valued?
- Monadelphous's financials
- How volatile are Monadelphous shares?
- Does Monadelphous pay a dividend?
- Have Monadelphous shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Monadelphous share priceUse our graph to track the performance of MND stocks over time.
Monadelphous shares at a glance
|52-week range||AUDA$7.77 - AUDA$18.15|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$10.3425|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$10.5245|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.35 (3.26%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.385|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Monadelphous stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is Monadelphous under- or over-valued?
Valuing Monadelphous stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Monadelphous's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Monadelphous's P/E ratio
Monadelphous's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 28x. In other words, Monadelphous shares trade at around 28x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Monadelphous's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $65.7 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Monadelphous's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
|Revenue TTM||$1.5 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||3.33%|
|Gross profit TTM||$102.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||4.43%|
|Return on equity TTM||9.56%|
|Market capitalisation||$974.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Monadelphous share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 116.82% of net profits
Recently Monadelphous has paid out, on average, around 116.82% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 3.26% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Monadelphous shareholders could enjoy a 3.26% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Monadelphous's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.35 per share.
Monadelphous's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 9 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have Monadelphous's shares ever split?
Monadelphous's shares were split on a 4:1 basis on 31 May 2005. So if you had owned 1 share the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 4 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Monadelphous shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 75% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for Monadelphous shares which in turn could have impacted Monadelphous's share price.
Monadelphous share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Monadelphous's shares have ranged in value from as little as $7.77 up to $18.15. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Monadelphous's is 1.6006. This would suggest that Monadelphous's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Monadelphous Group Limited, an engineering group, provides construction, maintenance, and industrial services to the resources, energy, and infrastructure sectors in Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Mongolia, and internationally. It operates through Engineering Construction, and Maintenance and Industrial Services divisions. the company offers fabrication, modularisation, offsite pre-assembly, procurement, and installation of structural steel, tankage, mechanical and process equipment, piping, demolition, and remediation works; multi-disciplined construction services; plant commissioning; electrical and instrumentation services; engineering, procurement, and construction services; and front-end scoping, shutdown planning, management, and execution services. It also provides water and waste water asset construction and maintenance; irrigation services; construction of transmission pipelines and facilities; operation and maintenance of power and water assets; heavy lift and specialist transport; access solutions; dewatering services; corrosion management services; specialist coatings; and rail track and rolling stock maintenance services, as well as turnkey design and construction, heavy lift and crane, and civil and electrical disciplines services. Monadelphous Group Limited was founded in 1972 and is headquartered in Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert