How to buy Mitchell Services (MSV) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Mitchell Services shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Mitchell Services Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Mitchell Services shares (MSV) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Mitchell Services has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $191.5 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Mitchell Services
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Mitchell Services . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MSV. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Mitchell Services reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Mitchell Services . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Mitchell Services key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Mitchell Services stock a buy or sell?
- Mitchell Services performance over time
- Mitchell Services 's financials
- How volatile are Mitchell Services shares?
- Does Mitchell Services pay a dividend?
- Have Mitchell Services shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Mitchell Services stock price (ASX:MSV)Use our graph to track the performance of MSV stocks over time.
Mitchell Services shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.365 - $0.6|
|50-day moving average||$0.4405|
|200-day moving average||$0.4322|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.03|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Mitchell Services stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Mitchell Services price performance over time
|1 week (2021-11-26)||-7.32%|
|1 month (2021-11-04)||-8.43%|
|3 months (2021-09-03)||-16.48%|
|6 months (2021-06-04)||-10.59%|
|1 year (2020-12-04)||-29.63%|
|2 years (2019-12-04)||-93.87%|
|3 years (2018-12-04)||-90.26%|
|5 years (2016-12-02)||-90.55%|
Is Mitchell Services under- or over-valued?
Valuing Mitchell Services stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Mitchell Services 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Mitchell Services 's EBITDA
Mitchell Services 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $26.5 million (£14 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Mitchell Services 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Mitchell Services financials
|Revenue TTM||$191.5 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$75.6 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-1.45%|
|Return on equity TTM||-10.82%|
|Market capitalisation||$92.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Mitchell Services share dividends
We're not expecting Mitchell Services to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Mitchell Services 's shares ever split?
Mitchell Services 's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 6 February 2020. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Mitchell Services shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Mitchell Services shares which in turn could have impacted Mitchell Services 's share price.
Mitchell Services share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Mitchell Services 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.365 up to $0.6. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Mitchell Services 's is 1.0977. This would suggest that Mitchell Services 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Mitchell Services overview
Mitchell Services Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides exploration and mine site drilling services to the exploration, mining, and energy industries, primarily in Australia. The company provides coal exploration, mineral exploration, mine services, drill and blast, underground, large diameter, coal seam gas, directional drilling services, coal mine gas drainage, and wireline services. It was formerly known as Drill Torque Limited and changed its name to Mitchell Services Limited in December 2013. The company was founded in 1969 and is headquartered in Seventeen Mile Rocks, Australia.
Stocks similar to Mitchell Services
Mitchell Services in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Watch 2021/22 NBL season live and free: This is how
Basketball fans have plenty to look forward to in the 2021/22 NBL season. Here's how to tune in and our prediction for the year.
Stan loses Grey’s Anatomy, Family Guy and more franchise favourites
Peter Griffin, Dr Meredith Grey, Buffy and more have said goodbye to streaming platform Stan in Australia.
Travel insurance & COVID: How will Omicron impact my policy?
Find out what is and isn’t covered by insurance if Omicron impacts your travel plans.
How to invest in the Allup Silica IPO
Everything we know about the Allup Silica IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
The best products to achieve the clean beauty look
From where the no-makeup makeup look meets the model off duty vibe, we've put together a range of no-fuss products you'll love.
Where to watch Moulin Rouge! online in Australia
Every man wanted her – 1 man dared to love her.
How to watch Man United vs Arsenal Premier League live and match preview
Manchester United are scrambling to stay in touch with the top 4 as they host Arsenal this week
12-day advent calendars you can still get before Christmas
From toys to socks to beauty items, these are the top 12-day advent calendars you can still enjoy in the lead up to Christmas.
McDonald’s (MCD) share price, company profile and news
Steps to owning and managing McDonald's shares from in Australia.
Ask an Expert