How to buy Midway shares
Own Midway shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Midway Limited is a lumber & wood production business based in Australia. Midway shares (MWY) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Midway has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $290.6 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Midway
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Midway . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MWY. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Midway reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Midway . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Midway share priceUse our graph to track the performance of MWY stocks over time.
Midway shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.7 - $1.27|
|50-day moving average||$0.9903|
|200-day moving average||$0.9313|
|Dividend yield||$0.09 (9.52%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.148|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Midway stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Midway price performance over time
|1 week (2021-06-17)||0.56%|
|1 month (2021-05-24)||-10.84%|
|3 months (2021-03-24)||-3.72%|
|6 months (2020-12-24)||-0.55%|
|1 year (2020-06-24)||11.04%|
|2 years (2019-06-24)||-74.07%|
|3 years (2018-06-22)||-64.09%|
Is Midway under- or over-valued?
Valuing Midway stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Midway 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Midway 's EBITDA
Midway 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $19.4 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Midway 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
|Revenue TTM||$290.6 million|
|Operating margin TTM||2.58%|
|Gross profit TTM||$97.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||1.72%|
|Return on equity TTM||-10.31%|
|Market capitalisation||$78.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Midway share dividends
We're not expecting Midway to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Midway share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Midway 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.7 up to $1.27. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Midway 's is 0.6696. This would suggest that Midway 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Midway Limited, together with its subsidiaries, processes, sells, markets, and exports woodfibre to the pulp and paper industries in Australia, Japan, China, and South East Asia. It operates through Wood Processing, Forestry Logistics, and Plantation Management segments. The company offers hardwood and softwood woodchips, as well as biomass woodchips and sawdust. It also provides planation management services; and support services to third parties engaged in growing woodfibre, including harvest, infield chipping, and haulage. In addition, the company markets third party wood fiber. The company was founded in 1980 and is headquartered in North Geelong, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day’s best deals on big-ticket items: Up to 46% off
From segways to stand up paddle boards, these are the best Prime Day savings on the most expensive items.
Nacon RIG 500 Pro HC Gen 2 review: Super comfortable gaming headphones
The Nacon Rig 500 Pro HC headphones have wide console and PC compatibility, Dolby Atmos licensing and a genuinely comfortable design, even for longer gaming sessions.
Oppo Find X3 Neo 5G review: Oppo’s better flagship phone
The Oppo Find X3 Neo lacks the utter flagship features of the Find X3 Pro, but you won't miss them, while you will enjoy its lower price point.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Milton Corporation (MLT ↑16.0%), Oneview Healthcare (ONE ↑12.8%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 22 June 2021.
Mobile plans are now more expensive, but here’s a hack to save $200 a year
Telstra, Optus and Vodafone keep raising their prices even as the rest of the market is more affordable than ever.
Prime Day VR gaming deal: $60 off the Oculus Quest 2
Amazon is selling the standalone Oculus Quest 2 virtual-reality headset for $432.12. You can also score $77 off the 256GB version.
Barefoot Investor: How to watch Scott Pape’s Money Movement docu-series online
This fresh docu-series features the one and only Barefoot Investor.
Prime Day’s best health and fitness deals: Garmin, FitBit, PranaOn
Stocking up on your favourite supplements or adding to your home gym, Amazon has got you covered with these red-hot offers.
Ask an Expert