How to buy MGM Resorts shares | US$21.815
Own MGM Resorts stock in just a few minutes.
How to buy shares in MGM Resorts
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you’ll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you’re just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for MGM Resorts. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MGM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until MGM Resorts reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of US$21.815, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of MGM Resorts, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of MGM Resorts. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Price details for MGM Resorts (MGM)
MGM Resorts stock priceUse our graph to track the performance of MGM stocks over time.
Standard brokerage - US shares
Get $0 brokerage on US stocks with trades as little as $50 when you join the world’s biggest social trading network.
- $0 brokerage for US stocks
- Trades starting from $50
- Fractional shares
- Copy top traders
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Should I buy MGM Resorts shares?
This is not a recommendation, it represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
MGM Resorts company summary
MGM Resorts (MGM) is a leading Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure business based in the USA. MGM Resorts (MGM) is listed on the NYSE and employs 63000 staff.
|Industry||Resorts & Casinos||Currency symbol||$|
|Type||Common Stock||Country ISO||US|
|Name||MGM Resorts International||ISIN||US5529531015|
|Currency code||USD||Sector||Consumer Cyclical|
|Currency name||US Dollar||Full-time employees||63000|
Detailed company information
MGM Resorts International, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates integrated casino, hotel, and entertainment resorts in the United States and Macau. The company operates through three segments: Las Vegas Strip Resorts, Regional Operations, and MGM China. Its casino resorts offer gaming, hotel, convention, dining, entertainment, retail, and other resort amenities. The company's casino operations include slots, table games, and race and sports book wagering. As of March 22, 2020, its portfolio consisted of 29 hotel and destination gaming offerings. The company also owns and operates Las Vegas Strip Resorts, Primm Valley Golf Club, and Fallen Oak golf course. Its customers include premium gaming customers; leisure and wholesale travel customers; business travelers; and group customers, including conventions, trade associations, and small meetings. The company was formerly known as MGM MIRAGE and changed its name to MGM Resorts International in June 2010. MGM Resorts International was founded in 1986 and is based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert