How to buy MGM Resorts shares | US$29.8
Own MGM Resorts stock in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy shares in MGM Resorts
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you’ll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you’re just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for MGM Resorts. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MGM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until MGM Resorts reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of US$29.8, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of MGM Resorts, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of MGM Resorts. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
Price details for MGM Resorts (MGM)
MGM Resorts stock priceUse our graph to track the performance of MGM stocks over time.
Standard brokerage - US shares
Get $0 brokerage on US stocks with trades as little as $50 when you join the world’s biggest social trading network.
- $0 brokerage for US stocks
- Trades starting from $50
- Fractional shares
- Copy top traders
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Should I buy MGM Resorts shares?
This is not a recommendation, it represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
MGM Resorts company summary
MGM Resorts (MGM) is a leading Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure business based in the USA. MGM Resorts (MGM) is listed on the NYSE and employs 63000 staff.
|Industry||Resorts & Casinos||Currency symbol||$|
|Type||Common Stock||Country ISO||US|
|Name||MGM Resorts International||ISIN||US5529531015|
|Currency code||USD||Sector||Consumer Cyclical|
|Currency name||US Dollar||Full-time employees||63000|
Detailed company information
MGM Resorts International, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates integrated casino, hotel, and entertainment resorts in the United States and Macau. The company operates through three segments: Las Vegas Strip Resorts, Regional Operations, and MGM China. Its casino resorts offer gaming, hotel, convention, dining, entertainment, retail, and other resort amenities. The company's casino operations include slots, table games, and race and sports book wagering. As of March 22, 2020, its portfolio consisted of 29 hotel and destination gaming offerings. The company also owns and operates Las Vegas Strip Resorts, Primm Valley Golf Club, and Fallen Oak golf course. Its customers include premium gaming customers; leisure and wholesale travel customers; business travelers; and group customers, including conventions, trade associations, and small meetings. The company was formerly known as MGM MIRAGE and changed its name to MGM Resorts International in June 2010. MGM Resorts International was founded in 1986 and is based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Althea Group shares | A$0.46
Steps to owning and managing Althea Group shares.
How to buy AusCann Group shares | A$0.195
Steps to owning and managing AusCann Group shares.
How to buy Kodak shares | US$8.14
Steps to owning and managing Kodak shares from Australia.
How to buy Sorrento Therapeutics shares | US$9.5
Steps to owning and managing Sorrento Therapeutics shares from Australia.
How to buy Marathon Patent Group shares | US$22.39
Steps to owning and managing Marathon Patent Group shares from Australia.
How to buy Kandi Technologies shares | US$7.91
Steps to owning and managing Kandi Technologies shares from Australia.
How to buy Taoping shares | US$3.01
Steps to owning and managing Taoping shares from Australia.
How to buy American Airlines shares | US$15.76
Steps to owning and managing American Airlines shares from Australia.
How to buy Precipio shares | US$2.33
Steps to owning and managing Precipio shares.
How to buy ADT shares | US$8.78
Steps to owning and managing ADT shares from Australia.
Ask an Expert