How to buy MGC Pharmaceuticals (MXC) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in MGC Pharmaceuticals shares.
MGC Pharmaceuticals is a drug manufacturers - specialty & generic business based in Australia. MGC Pharmaceuticals shares (MXC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. MGC Pharmaceuticals has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $3.4 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in MGC Pharmaceuticals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for MGC Pharmaceuticals. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MXC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until MGC Pharmaceuticals reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of MGC Pharmaceuticals. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- MGC Pharmaceuticals key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is MGC Pharmaceuticals stock a buy or sell?
- MGC Pharmaceuticals performance over time
- MGC Pharmaceuticals's financials
- How volatile are MGC Pharmaceuticals shares?
- Does MGC Pharmaceuticals pay a dividend?
- Have MGC Pharmaceuticals shares ever split?
- Other common questions
MGC Pharmaceuticals stock price (ASX:MXC)Use our graph to track the performance of MXC stocks over time.
MGC Pharmaceuticals shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.41 - $13|
|50-day moving average||$1.1289|
|200-day moving average||$0.2866|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-7.1|
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy MGC Pharmaceuticals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
MGC Pharmaceuticals price performance over time
|1 week (2023-12-01)||-14.06%|
|1 month (2023-11-09)||-8.33%|
|3 months (2023-09-08)||-72.50%|
|6 months (2023-06-09)||-90.83%|
|1 year (2022-12-09)||-95.42%|
|2 years (2021-12-09)||-98.59%|
|3 years (2020-12-09)||-98.43%|
|5 years (2018-12-07)||-98.66%|
MGC Pharmaceuticals financials
|Revenue TTM||$3.4 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$1.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-66.72%|
|Return on equity TTM||-307.4%|
|Market capitalisation||$21.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
MGC Pharmaceuticals share dividends
We're not expecting MGC Pharmaceuticals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have MGC Pharmaceuticals's shares ever split?
MGC Pharmaceuticals's shares were split on a 1:1000 basis on 30 October 2023. So if you had owned 1000 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your MGC Pharmaceuticals shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 99900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for MGC Pharmaceuticals shares which in turn could have impacted MGC Pharmaceuticals's share price.
MGC Pharmaceuticals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, MGC Pharmaceuticals's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.41 up to $13. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while MGC Pharmaceuticals's is 1.054. This would suggest that MGC Pharmaceuticals's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
MGC Pharmaceuticals overview
MGC Pharmaceuticals Limited provides phytomedicines worldwide. The company produces and supplies medicinal cannabis products; and non-cannabis phytomedicines. Its principal product candidates include CimetrA, which is in phase III clinical trial for the symptomatic treatment of early COVID-19; CannEpil, a phase IIb cannabis-based therapy for drug-resistant Epilepsy; and CogniCann that is in phase II clinical trial for the symptomatic relief of Dementia. In addition, the company provides Irnican that is in preclinical phase for the tetrahydrocannabinol, as well as offers ArtemiC and non-pharma products. Further, it offers consulting services, including clinical research services. MGC Pharmaceuticals Limited was founded in 2014 and is based in Subiaco, Australia.
Stocks similar to MGC Pharmaceuticals
MGC Pharmaceuticals in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Shein IPO: How to invest in the Shein IPO
What you need to know about investing in Shein from Australia.
Best performing stocks on the ASX in 2023 (Updated weekly)
Looking for the best performing stocks in Australia? We update this list weekly.
Tiger Brokers review for Australians
If you're thinking of trading stocks with Tiger Brokers, check out our review of this online broker's fees, safety and pros and cons first.
How to buy Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA ADR (GOL) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Caltex Australia shares
Steps to owning and managing Caltex Australia shares from .
A beginner’s guide to Lego investing
Looking for alternative investments? With a ROI of up to 3,593% lego may be worth considering. Read on to find out which lego sets are worth the investment.
The cheapest stock brokers in Australia (Dec 2023)
Find cheap stock brokerage in Australia when buying and selling shares on the ASX and other international exchanges.
What is the money market?
Learn about the money market and everyday consumer money market products.
Is investing in crowdfunding a safe investment?
Equity crowdfunding offers a unique opportunity for investors and for Australian startups, but Australia’s regulatory framework surrounding crowdfunding still lags behind the rest of the world.
The best trading platforms in Australia
Follow these tips to find the best share trading platform for you.
Ask an Expert