How to buy MGC Pharmaceuticals shares
Own MGC Pharmaceuticals shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
MGC Pharmaceuticals Limited is a drug manufacturers-specialty & generic business based in Australia. MGC Pharmaceuticals shares (MXC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. MGC Pharmaceuticals has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $2.1 million..
How to buy shares in MGC Pharmaceuticals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for MGC Pharmaceuticals. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MXC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until MGC Pharmaceuticals reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of MGC Pharmaceuticals. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- MGC Pharmaceuticals key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is MGC Pharmaceuticals stock a buy or sell?
- MGC Pharmaceuticals performance over time
- MGC Pharmaceuticals's financials
- How volatile are MGC Pharmaceuticals shares?
- Does MGC Pharmaceuticals pay a dividend?
- Have MGC Pharmaceuticals shares ever split?
- Other common questions
MGC Pharmaceuticals share priceUse our graph to track the performance of MXC stocks over time.
MGC Pharmaceuticals shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.015 - $0.13|
|50-day moving average||$0.0414|
|200-day moving average||$0.0286|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.002|
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy MGC Pharmaceuticals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
MGC Pharmaceuticals financials
|Revenue TTM||$2.1 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$174,665|
|Return on assets TTM||-67.42%|
|Return on equity TTM||-270.21%|
|Market capitalisation||$234 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
MGC Pharmaceuticals share dividends
We're not expecting MGC Pharmaceuticals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have MGC Pharmaceuticals's shares ever split?
MGC Pharmaceuticals's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 21 August 2012. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your MGC Pharmaceuticals shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for MGC Pharmaceuticals shares which in turn could have impacted MGC Pharmaceuticals's share price.
MGC Pharmaceuticals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, MGC Pharmaceuticals's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.015 up to $0.13. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while MGC Pharmaceuticals's is 1.4096. This would suggest that MGC Pharmaceuticals's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
MGC Pharmaceuticals overview
MGC Pharmaceuticals Limited, together with its subsidiaries, produces and supplies phytocannabinoid derived medicines in Australia and Slovenia. It provides pharmaceutical products, such as Tetrinol for the treatment of cachexia; MXOT01GB01 to treat glioblastoma; MXOT02ME01 for the treatment of melanoma cancer; MXOT03PC01 to treat prostate cancer; TopiCann for the topical treatment of eczema and inflamed skin; and InCann, a biactive capsule to treat Chron's and IBS. The company's products under development include CannEpil, which is in Phase IIb clinical trial for the treatment in children and adolescents with refectory epilepsy; CogniCann that is in Phase II clinical trial to treat dementia and Alzheimer's diseases; and ArtemiC, which is in Phase II clinical trial for the treatment COVID-19. It has strategic collaborative partnership agreements Epilepsy Action Australia, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, the University of Notre Dame in Western Australia, as well as the National Institute of Biology & University Medical Centre, Ljubljana Slovenia. The company was formerly known as Erin Resources Limited and changed its name to MGC Pharmaceuticals Limited in December 2015. MGC Pharmaceuticals Limited was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Bumble shares from Australia
Everything we know about the Bumble IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy MicroStrategy Incorporated shares
Steps to owning and managing MicroStrategy shares.
How to buy shares in Superhero
Everything we know about the Superhero IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Kuaishou shares from Australia
Everything we know about the Kuaishou IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Coinbase (MXC.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Coinbase IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Databricks (MXC.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Databricks IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Ligand Pharmaceuticals Incorporated shares
Steps to owning and managing Ligand Pharmaceuticals shares.
Alternatives to Robinhood in Australia
You can't access Robinhood in Australia, so here are five low-cost alternatives to trade US stocks.
Reddit stocks: 10 stocks on the WallStreetBets radar
Reddit has long been home to a huge retail investing community called WallStreetBets. Find out how to get the latest Reddit-tipped stocks here.
How to buy Koss Corporation shares
Steps to owning and managing Koss shares.
Ask an Expert