How to buy MG Unit Trust (MGC) shares
Learn how to easily invest in MG Unit Trust shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
MG Unit Trust is an asset management business based in Australia. MG Unit Trust shares (MGC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. MG Unit Trust has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $34.7 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in MG Unit Trust
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for MG Unit Trust. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MGC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until MG Unit Trust reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of MG Unit Trust. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
MG Unit Trust stock price (ASX:MGC)Use our graph to track the performance of MGC stocks over time.
MG Unit Trust shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0 - $0|
|50-day moving average||$0.4343|
|200-day moving average||$0.4356|
|Dividend yield||$0.08 (9.78%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.198|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy MG Unit Trust stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is MG Unit Trust under- or over-valued?
Valuing MG Unit Trust stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of MG Unit Trust's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
MG Unit Trust's P/E ratio
MG Unit Trust's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 2x. In other words, MG Unit Trust shares trade at around 2x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
MG Unit Trust financials
|Revenue TTM||$34.7 million|
|Operating margin TTM||100%|
|Gross profit TTM||$26 million|
|Return on assets TTM||27.78%|
|Return on equity TTM||0%|
|Market capitalisation||$93.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
MG Unit Trust share dividends
We're not expecting MG Unit Trust to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
MG Unit Trust share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, MG Unit Trust's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0 up to $0. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while MG Unit Trust's is 0.2365. This would suggest that MG Unit Trust's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
MG Unit Trust overview
MG Unit Trust operates as a special purpose funding vehicle in Australia. It holds interest in subordinated notes and convertible preference shares issued by Murray Goulburn Co-operative Co. Limited. The company was founded in 2015 and is based in Southbank, Australia. MG Unit Trust is a subsidiary of Murray Goulburn Co-Operative Co. Limited.
MG Unit Trust in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the X2M Connect IPO
Everything we know about the X2M Connect IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Industrial Minerals (IND.AU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Industrial Minerals shares.
How to invest in the SSH Group IPO
Everything we know about the SSH Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Iris Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Iris Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Li-S Energy IPO
Everything we know about the Li-S Energy IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO
Everything we know about the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the TEK-Ocean Group IPO
Everything we know about the TEK-Ocean Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy HNC Coin (HNC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hellenic Coin (HNC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Maro (MARO) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Maro (MARO) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Ethernity Chain (ERN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Ethernity Chain (ERN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert