How to buy Metro Performance Glass (MPP) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Metro Performance Glass shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Metro Performance Glass Limited is a building products & equipment business based in Australia. Metro Performance Glass shares (MPP) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Metro Performance Glass has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $232.3 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Metro Performance Glass
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Metro Performance Glass . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MPP. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Metro Performance Glass reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Metro Performance Glass . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Metro Performance Glass key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Metro Performance Glass stock a buy or sell?
- Metro Performance Glass performance over time
- Are Metro Performance Glass shares over-valued?
- Metro Performance Glass 's financials
- How volatile are Metro Performance Glass shares?
- Does Metro Performance Glass pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Metro Performance Glass stock price (ASX:MPP)Use our graph to track the performance of MPP stocks over time.
Metro Performance Glass shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.19 - $0.43|
|50-day moving average||$0.4004|
|200-day moving average||$0.3651|
|Dividend yield||$0.026 (6.34%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.044|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Metro Performance Glass stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Metro Performance Glass price performance over time
|1 month (2021-06-28)||-7.79%|
|3 months (2021-04-28)||12.70%|
Is Metro Performance Glass under- or over-valued?
Valuing Metro Performance Glass stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Metro Performance Glass 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Metro Performance Glass 's P/E ratio
Metro Performance Glass 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 9x. In other words, Metro Performance Glass shares trade at around 9x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Metro Performance Glass 's EBITDA
Metro Performance Glass 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $23.9 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Metro Performance Glass 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Metro Performance Glass financials
|Revenue TTM||$232.3 million|
|Operating margin TTM||5.1%|
|Gross profit TTM||$98.8 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.98%|
|Return on equity TTM||10.69%|
|Market capitalisation||$76 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Metro Performance Glass share dividends
We're not expecting Metro Performance Glass to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Metro Performance Glass share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Metro Performance Glass 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.19 up to $0.43. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Metro Performance Glass 's is 0.2779. This would suggest that Metro Performance Glass 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Metro Performance Glass overview
Metro Performance Glass Limited, together with its subsidiaries, supplies processed flat glass and related products for the residential and commercial building sectors in New Zealand and Australia. Its glass products include splashbacks, benchtops, and kitchen doors and mirrors; and bathroom mirrors, inline showers, two and three sided showers, bath end showers, bath screens, shower linings, and shower and screen hardware. The company also offers interior balustrades, stairs and floors, room dividers, mirrors, wall linings, doors, and furniture; and exterior balustrades, pool fences, wind breaks, glass canopies, glass features, outdoor furniture, and balustrade and pool fence hardware. In addition, it provides installation services. Metro Performance Glass Limited was founded in 1987 and is headquartered in Auckland, New Zealand.
Metro Performance Glass in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO
Everything we know about the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the TEK-Ocean Group IPO
Everything we know about the TEK-Ocean Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy HNC Coin (HNC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hellenic Coin (HNC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Maro (MARO) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Maro (MARO) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Ethernity Chain (ERN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Ethernity Chain (ERN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Shopping.io (SPI) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Shopping.io (SPI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy LUKSO Token (LYXE) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the LUKSO Token (LYXE) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy KardiaChain (KAI) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the KardiaChain (KAI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Neutrino USD (USDN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Neutrino USD (USDN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Venus BTC (VBTC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Venus BTC (VBTC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert