How to buy Melbana Energy shares
Own Melbana Energy shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Melbana Energy Limited is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Melbana Energy shares (MAY) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Melbana Energy has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $81,004..
How to buy shares in Melbana Energy
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Melbana Energy . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MAY. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Melbana Energy reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.015, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Melbana Energy . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
How has coronavirus impacted Melbana Energy 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Melbana Energy 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.015, which is 33.33% up on its pre-crash value of $0.01 and 400.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.003.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Melbana Energy shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $300.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,500.00.
Melbana Energy share priceUse our graph to track the performance of MAY stocks over time.
Melbana Energy shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.003 - $0.015|
|50-day moving average||$0.0114|
|200-day moving average||$0.0078|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.0015|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Melbana Energy stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Melbana Energy price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-12)||25.00%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||25.00%|
|3 months (2020-10-19)||15.38%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||87.50%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||50.00%|
|2 years (2019-01-18)||7.14%|
|3 years (2018-01-19)||-21.05%|
|5 years (2016-01-19)||36.36%|
Melbana Energy financials
|Gross profit TTM||$81,004|
|Return on assets TTM||-10.16%|
|Return on equity TTM||-25.85%|
|Market capitalisation||$27.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Melbana Energy share dividends
We're not expecting Melbana Energy to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Melbana Energy 's shares ever split?
Melbana Energy 's shares were split on 7 August 2006. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Melbana Energy shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new INF% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Melbana Energy shares which in turn could have impacted Melbana Energy 's share price.
Melbana Energy share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Melbana Energy 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.003 up to $0.015. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Melbana Energy 's is 3.4187. This would suggest that Melbana Energy 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Melbana Energy overview
Melbana Energy Limited engages in the oil and gas exploration activities in Cuba and Australia. The company holds interests in the Tassie Shoal Methanol and LNG project located in Australia. It also has interests in the Block 9 production sharing contract and the Santa Cruz incremental oil recovery project in Cuba, as well as WA-488-P located in the Joseph Bonaparte Gulf in northern Australia. The company was formerly known as MEO Australia Limited and changed its name to Melbana Energy Limited in November 2016. Melbana Energy Limited was founded in 1994 and is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Melbana Energy units | A$51.73
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Melbana Energy units | A$52.92
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Melbana Energy units | A$103.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Melbana Energy units | A$23.84
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Melbana Energy units | A$88.09
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Melbana Energy units | A$16.16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Melbana Energy units | A$75.2
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Melbana Energy units | A$50.77
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Melbana Energy units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert