How to buy Medical Developments International shares | A$5.79
Own Medical Developments International shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Medical Developments International Limited is a drug manufacturers—specialty & generic business based in Australia. Medical Developments International shares (MVP) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $5.79 – an increase of 10.5% over the previous week. Medical Developments International has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $22.5 million.
How to buy shares in Medical Developments International
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Medical Developments International . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MVP. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Medical Developments International reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $5.79, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Medical Developments International . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Medical Developments International key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Medical Developments International stock a buy or sell?
- Medical Developments International performance over time
- Are Medical Developments International shares over-valued?
- Medical Developments International 's financials
- How volatile are Medical Developments International shares?
- Does Medical Developments International pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Medical Developments International 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Medical Developments International 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $5.79, which is 46.14% down on its pre-crash value of $10.75 and 53.99% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $3.76.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Medical Developments International shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $362.29 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $535.11.
Medical Developments International share priceUse our graph to track the performance of MVP stocks over time.
Medical Developments International shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$5.79|
|52-week range||AUDA$3.76 - AUDA$11.78|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$5.4806|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$6.5826|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.04 (0.76%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.006|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Medical Developments International stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Medical Developments International price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-12)||8.63%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||3.39%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||-6.91%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||-23.21%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||16.27%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||18.40%|
|3 years (2017-10-19)||1.58%|
|5 years (2015-10-19)||77.06%|
Is Medical Developments International under- or over-valued?
Valuing Medical Developments International stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Medical Developments International 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Medical Developments International 's P/E ratio
Medical Developments International 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 910x. In other words, Medical Developments International shares trade at around 910x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Medical Developments International 's EBITDA
Medical Developments International 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $3.7 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Medical Developments International 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Medical Developments International financials
|Revenue TTM||$22.5 million|
|Operating margin TTM||10.83%|
|Gross profit TTM||$15 million|
|Return on assets TTM||1.8%|
|Return on equity TTM||0.86%|
|Market capitalisation||$343.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Medical Developments International share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 689.66% of net profits
Recently Medical Developments International has paid out, on average, around 689.66% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 0.76% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Medical Developments International shareholders could enjoy a 0.76% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Medical Developments International 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.04 per share.
Medical Developments International 's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 4 March 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Medical Developments International share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Medical Developments International 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $3.76 up to $11.78. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Medical Developments International 's is 1.1897. This would suggest that Medical Developments International 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Medical Developments International overview
Medical Developments International Limited manufactures and distributes pharmaceutical and veterinary products, and medical devices. The company operates through three segments: Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, and Veterinary Products. It offers asthma and COPD pressurized metered dose inhalers, as well as masks and peak flow meters for asthma management for use in home or in hospitals; Penthrox, a prescription only medicine for pain relief; medical devices; and various veterinary anesthetic machines to veterinarians. The company operates in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, rest of Europe, Canada, the Middle East, Asia, South Africa, North America, and internationally. Medical Developments International Limited was incorporated in 2003 and is headquartered in Scoresby, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert