How to buy MCS Services shares
Own MCS Services shares in just a few minutes.
MCS Services Limited is a security & protection services business based in Australia. MCS Services shares (MSG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. MCS Services has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $25.1 million..
How to buy shares in MCS Services
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for MCS Services . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MSG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until MCS Services reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.053, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of MCS Services . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- MCS Services key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is MCS Services stock a buy or sell?
- MCS Services performance over time
- Are MCS Services shares over-valued?
- MCS Services 's financials
- How volatile are MCS Services shares?
- Does MCS Services pay a dividend?
- Have MCS Services shares ever split?
- Other common questions
MCS Services share priceUse our graph to track the performance of MSG stocks over time.
MCS Services shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.009 - $0.06|
|50-day moving average||$0.0405|
|200-day moving average||$0.0282|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.002|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy MCS Services stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
MCS Services price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-18)||23.26%|
|1 month (2020-12-24)||39.47%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||120.83%|
|6 months (2020-07-24)||120.83%|
|1 year (2020-01-24)||130.43%|
|2 years (2019-01-25)||307.69%|
|3 years (2018-01-25)||103.85%|
|5 years (2016-01-25)||-17.19%|
Is MCS Services under- or over-valued?
Valuing MCS Services stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of MCS Services 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
MCS Services 's P/E ratio
MCS Services 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 27x. In other words, MCS Services shares trade at around 27x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
MCS Services 's EBITDA
MCS Services 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $268,000.
The EBITDA is a measure of a MCS Services 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
MCS Services financials
|Revenue TTM||$25.1 million|
|Operating margin TTM||0.75%|
|Gross profit TTM||$5.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.18%|
|Return on equity TTM||35.61%|
|Market capitalisation||$9.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
MCS Services share dividends
We're not expecting MCS Services to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have MCS Services 's shares ever split?
MCS Services 's shares were split on a 1:44 basis on 22 December 2014. So if you had owned 44 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your MCS Services shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 4300% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for MCS Services shares which in turn could have impacted MCS Services 's share price.
MCS Services share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, MCS Services 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.009 up to $0.06. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while MCS Services 's is 1.1221. This would suggest that MCS Services 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
MCS Services overview
MCS Services Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides guard security and related services in Australia. It offers uniformed unarmed guards at retail shopping centers, government offices, health facilities, commercial properties, sports stadia, and events in the Perth metropolitan area and Western Australia. The company also provides covert security, mobile patrol, and response vehicle services. In addition, it engages in supplying, installing, and commissioning of security alarms, CCTV, biometric, and access control systems to the commercial, industrial, and domestic sectors. The company was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Joondalup, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy MCS Services units | A$51.67
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy MCS Services units | A$52.89
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy MCS Services units | A$104.57
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy MCS Services units | A$24.01
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy MCS Services units | A$90.36
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy MCS Services units | A$17.23
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy MCS Services units | A$75.54
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy MCS Services units | A$50.6
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy MCS Services units | A$9.38
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert