How to buy Mayfield Childcare (MFD) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Mayfield Childcare shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Mayfield Childcare Limited is a personal services business based in Australia. Mayfield Childcare shares (MFD) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Mayfield Childcare has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $38.5 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Mayfield Childcare
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Mayfield Childcare . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MFD. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Mayfield Childcare reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Mayfield Childcare . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Mayfield Childcare key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Mayfield Childcare stock a buy or sell?
- Mayfield Childcare performance over time
- Are Mayfield Childcare shares over-valued?
- Mayfield Childcare 's financials
- How volatile are Mayfield Childcare shares?
- Does Mayfield Childcare pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Mayfield Childcare stock price (ASX:MFD)Use our graph to track the performance of MFD stocks over time.
Mayfield Childcare shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.6608 - $1.185|
|50-day moving average||$1.1346|
|200-day moving average||$1.0951|
|Dividend yield||$0.045 (3.85%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.139|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Mayfield Childcare stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Mayfield Childcare price performance over time
|1 week (2021-10-18)||-0.42%|
|1 month (2021-09-24)||2.62%|
|3 months (2021-07-23)||8.80%|
|6 months (2021-04-23)||10.33%|
|1 year (2020-10-23)||60.96%|
|2 years (2019-10-25)||18.09%|
|3 years (2018-10-25)||38.24%|
Is Mayfield Childcare under- or over-valued?
Valuing Mayfield Childcare stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Mayfield Childcare 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Mayfield Childcare 's P/E ratio
Mayfield Childcare 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 8x. In other words, Mayfield Childcare shares trade at around 8x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Mayfield Childcare 's EBITDA
Mayfield Childcare 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $8.1 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Mayfield Childcare 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Mayfield Childcare financials
|Revenue TTM||$38.5 million|
|Operating margin TTM||19.36%|
|Gross profit TTM||$37.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||6.56%|
|Return on equity TTM||15.47%|
|Market capitalisation||$38.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Mayfield Childcare share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 31.93% of net profits
Recently Mayfield Childcare has paid out, on average, around 31.93% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 3.82% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Mayfield Childcare shareholders could enjoy a 3.82% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Mayfield Childcare 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.045 per share.
While Mayfield Childcare 's payout ratio might seem fairly standard, it's worth remembering that Mayfield Childcare may be investing much of the rest of its net profits in future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 11 August 2021 (the "ex-dividend date").
Mayfield Childcare share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Mayfield Childcare 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.6608 up to $1.185. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Mayfield Childcare 's is 1.0827. This would suggest that Mayfield Childcare 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Mayfield Childcare overview
Mayfield Childcare Limited provides long day childcare services in Victoria, Australia. The company operates 20 long day childcare centers. Mayfield Childcare Limited was incorporated in 2015 and is based in Malvern East, Australia.
Stocks similar to Mayfield Childcare
Mayfield Childcare in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy BITO ETF units | $39.51
Steps to owning and managing ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF units.
Why is the AMP share price looking up today?
Shares in the wealth management giant have been largely stable in the last 6 months.
How to invest in the Judo Capital Holdings IPO
Everything we know about the Judo Capital Holdings IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Alloggio Group IPO
Everything we know about the Alloggio Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Larvotto Resources IPO
Everything we know about the Larvotto Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Vulcan Steel IPO
Everything we know about the Vulcan Steel IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Artrya IPO
Everything we know about the Artrya IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the 8 Au IPO
Everything we know about the 8 Au IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Radiopharm Theranostics IPO
Everything we know about the Radiopharm Theranostics IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
What has prompted the rebound in the Kogan share price?
The online retailer’s shares have lost more than half their value in the last 12 months.
Ask an Expert