How to buy Marenica Energy shares | A$0.092
Own Marenica Energy shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Marenica Energy Limited is an uranium business based in Australia. Marenica Energy shares (MEY) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.092 – a decrease of 7.07% over the previous week. Marenica Energy has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $22,208.
How to buy shares in Marenica Energy
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Marenica Energy . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MEY. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Marenica Energy reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.092, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Marenica Energy . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Marenica Energy key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Marenica Energy stock a buy or sell?
- Marenica Energy performance over time
- Marenica Energy 's financials
- How volatile are Marenica Energy shares?
- Does Marenica Energy pay a dividend?
- Have Marenica Energy shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Marenica Energy 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Marenica Energy 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.092, which is 25.00% up on its pre-crash value of $0.069 and 268.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.025.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Marenica Energy shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $622.95 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,508.20.
Marenica Energy share priceUse our graph to track the performance of MEY stocks over time.
Marenica Energy shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.092|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.025 - AUDA$0.105|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0859|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0712|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.019|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Marenica Energy stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Marenica Energy price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-22)||0%|
|1 month (2020-09-29)||21.05%|
|3 months (2020-07-29)||29.58%|
|6 months (2020-04-29)||46.03%|
|1 year (2019-10-29)||-3.16%|
|2 years (2018-10-26)||27.78%|
|3 years (2017-10-27)||-8.00%|
|5 years (2015-10-25)||N/A|
Marenica Energy financials
|Gross profit TTM||$22,208|
|Return on assets TTM||-39.75%|
|Return on equity TTM||-74.91%|
|Market capitalisation||$14.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Marenica Energy share dividends
We're not expecting Marenica Energy to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Marenica Energy 's shares ever split?
Marenica Energy 's shares were split on a 1:100 basis on 4 November 2014. So if you had owned 100 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Marenica Energy shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 9900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Marenica Energy shares which in turn could have impacted Marenica Energy 's share price.
Marenica Energy share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Marenica Energy 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.025 up to $0.105. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Marenica Energy 's is 1.0369. This would suggest that Marenica Energy 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Marenica Energy overview
Marenica Energy Limited engages in the exploration and evaluation of uranium deposits in Namibia. The company holds 75% interest in the Marenica uranium project covering an area of 321 square kilometers; and 100% interest in the Mile 72 uranium project covering an area of 21 square kilometers located in the Erongo uranium province in Namibia. It also holds 100% interest in the Koppies and Hirabeb projects located in Namib Desert region of Namibia. The company was formerly known as West Australian Metals Ltd and changed its name to Marenica Energy Limited in November 2009. Marenica Energy Limited was incorporated in 1978 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Where to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia.
Ask an Expert