How to buy Macquarie Telecom Group shares
Own Macquarie Telecom Group shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Macquarie Telecom Group Limited is a telecom services business based in Australia. Macquarie Telecom Group shares (MAQ) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Macquarie Telecom Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $266.2 million..
How to buy shares in Macquarie Telecom Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Macquarie Telecom Group . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MAQ. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Macquarie Telecom Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $49.6, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Macquarie Telecom Group . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Macquarie Telecom Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Macquarie Telecom Group stock a buy or sell?
- Macquarie Telecom Group performance over time
- Are Macquarie Telecom Group shares over-valued?
- Macquarie Telecom Group 's financials
- How volatile are Macquarie Telecom Group shares?
- Does Macquarie Telecom Group pay a dividend?
- Have Macquarie Telecom Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Macquarie Telecom Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of MAQ stocks over time.
Macquarie Telecom Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$19.2 - $49.34|
|50-day moving average||$45.3089|
|200-day moving average||$38.7711|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.627|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Macquarie Telecom Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Macquarie Telecom Group price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||-2.75%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||-5.76%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||0.87%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||9.15%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||90.77%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||132.32%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||220.21%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||501.21%|
Is Macquarie Telecom Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Macquarie Telecom Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Macquarie Telecom Group 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Macquarie Telecom Group 's P/E ratio
Macquarie Telecom Group 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 75x. In other words, Macquarie Telecom Group shares trade at around 75x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Macquarie Telecom Group 's EBITDA
Macquarie Telecom Group 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $47.7 million (£27 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Macquarie Telecom Group 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Macquarie Telecom Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$266.2 million|
|Operating margin TTM||8.96%|
|Gross profit TTM||$98.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||6.14%|
|Return on equity TTM||11.84%|
|Market capitalisation||$1 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Macquarie Telecom Group share dividends
We're not expecting Macquarie Telecom Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Macquarie Telecom Group 's shares ever split?
Macquarie Telecom Group 's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 30 November 2005. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Macquarie Telecom Group shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Macquarie Telecom Group shares which in turn could have impacted Macquarie Telecom Group 's share price.
Macquarie Telecom Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Macquarie Telecom Group 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $19.2 up to $49.34. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Macquarie Telecom Group 's is 0.5862. This would suggest that Macquarie Telecom Group 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Macquarie Telecom Group overview
Macquarie Telecom Group Limited provides telecommunication and hosting services to corporate and government customers in Australia. It offers voice services, such as fixed-line voice, unified communications, and video and Web conferencing services; managed mobility services and mobile management tools; and cloud services, including hybrid, VMWare, and private cloud services, as well as dedicated servers, colocation, managed hosting, management tools, SD-WAN, and data center extension services. The company also provides data services, including Internet, fixed wireline Ethernet, private IP-VPN, Cisco Meraki, business NBN, international data links, SIP trunking, SaaS enabled WAN, secure remote access, and business Ethernet access. Macquarie Telecom Group Limited was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Macquarie Telecom Group units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Macquarie Telecom Group units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Macquarie Telecom Group units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Macquarie Telecom Group units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Macquarie Telecom Group units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Macquarie Telecom Group units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Macquarie Telecom Group units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Macquarie Telecom Group units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Macquarie Telecom Group units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert