How to buy Macquarie Telecom Group (MAQ) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Macquarie Telecom Group shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Macquarie Telecom Group Limited is a telecom services business based in Australia. Macquarie Telecom Group shares (MAQ) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Macquarie Telecom Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $285.1 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Macquarie Telecom Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Macquarie Telecom Group . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MAQ. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Macquarie Telecom Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Macquarie Telecom Group . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Macquarie Telecom Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Macquarie Telecom Group stock a buy or sell?
- Macquarie Telecom Group performance over time
- Are Macquarie Telecom Group shares over-valued?
- Macquarie Telecom Group 's financials
- How volatile are Macquarie Telecom Group shares?
- Does Macquarie Telecom Group pay a dividend?
- Have Macquarie Telecom Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Macquarie Telecom Group stock price (ASX:MAQ)Use our graph to track the performance of MAQ stocks over time.
Macquarie Telecom Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$44.11 - $82.5|
|50-day moving average||$77.2354|
|200-day moving average||$59.0622|
|Dividend yield||$0.25 (0.32%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.581|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Macquarie Telecom Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Macquarie Telecom Group price performance over time
|1 week (2021-09-17)||4.18%|
|1 month (2021-08-25)||1.42%|
|3 months (2021-06-25)||48.72%|
|6 months (2021-03-25)||67.59%|
|1 year (2020-09-25)||73.14%|
|2 years (2019-09-25)||233.75%|
|3 years (2018-09-25)||222.02%|
|5 years (2016-09-23)||538.77%|
Is Macquarie Telecom Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Macquarie Telecom Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Macquarie Telecom Group 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Macquarie Telecom Group 's P/E ratio
Macquarie Telecom Group 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 134x. In other words, Macquarie Telecom Group shares trade at around 134x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Macquarie Telecom Group 's EBITDA
Macquarie Telecom Group 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $52.4 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Macquarie Telecom Group 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Macquarie Telecom Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$285.1 million|
|Operating margin TTM||7.35%|
|Gross profit TTM||$97.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||3.51%|
|Return on equity TTM||9.7%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.7 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Macquarie Telecom Group share dividends
We're not expecting Macquarie Telecom Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Macquarie Telecom Group 's shares ever split?
Macquarie Telecom Group 's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 29 November 2005. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Macquarie Telecom Group shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Macquarie Telecom Group shares which in turn could have impacted Macquarie Telecom Group 's share price.
Macquarie Telecom Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Macquarie Telecom Group 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $44.11 up to $82.5. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Macquarie Telecom Group 's is 0.5296. This would suggest that Macquarie Telecom Group 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Macquarie Telecom Group overview
Macquarie Telecom Group Limited provides telecommunication, cloud computing, cybersecurity, and date center services to corporate and government customers in Australia. The company offers voice services, such as teams calling, unified communications, and video and Web conferencing services, as well as Hello, a cloud-based hosted voice system; managed mobility services and mobile device management; and cloud services, including hybrid, VMWare, and private cloud services, as well as dedicated servers, colocation, managed hosting, management tools, SD-WAN, SD-LAN, and data center extension services. It also provides data services, including Internet, fixed wireline Ethernet, private IP-VPN, Cisco Meraki, business NBN, international data links, SIP trunking, SaaS enabled WAN, secure remote access, and business Ethernet access. Macquarie Telecom Group Limited was incorporated in 1992 and is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
Stocks similar to Macquarie Telecom Group
Macquarie Telecom Group in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Cosmos Exploration IPO
Everything we know about the Cosmos Exploration IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
What is behind the bounce in the Zip Co share price?
Shares in BNPL provider Zip Co have slipped more than 13% in the last 6 months.
Why the AGL share price has rebounded today
Shares in electricity giant AGL Energy are down 60% in the last 12 months.
How to invest in the Dundas Minerals IPO
Everything we know about the Dundas Minerals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Kalgoorlie Gold Mining IPO
Everything we know about the Kalgoorlie Gold Mining IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
The best iron ore stocks on the ASX (2021)
We look at some of the biggest and best performing iron ore stocks in Australia.
Why are the CBA and WBC share prices stumbling today?
Shares in the major banks have risen more than 50% in the last 12 months.
How to buy Evergrande shares from Australia
Steps to owning and managing China Evergrande Group shares from Australia.
How to invest in the Hamelin Gold IPO
Everything we know about the Hamelin Gold IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Lykos Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Lykos Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert