How to buy Lucapa Diamond Company shares
Own Lucapa Diamond Company shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Lucapa Diamond Company Limited is an other precious metals & mining business based in Australia. Lucapa Diamond Company shares (LOM) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Lucapa Diamond Company has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $13.5 million.
How to buy shares in Lucapa Diamond Company
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Lucapa Diamond Company . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: LOM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Lucapa Diamond Company reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.064, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Lucapa Diamond Company . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Lucapa Diamond Company key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Lucapa Diamond Company stock a buy or sell?
- Lucapa Diamond Company performance over time
- Lucapa Diamond Company 's financials
- How volatile are Lucapa Diamond Company shares?
- Does Lucapa Diamond Company pay a dividend?
- Have Lucapa Diamond Company shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Lucapa Diamond Company 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Lucapa Diamond Company 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.064, which is 48.80% down on its pre-crash value of $0.125 and 1.59% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.063.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Lucapa Diamond Company shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $700.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $581.82.
Lucapa Diamond Company share priceUse our graph to track the performance of LOM stocks over time.
Lucapa Diamond Company shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.042 - $0.15|
|50-day moving average||$0.0653|
|200-day moving average||$0.058|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.004|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Lucapa Diamond Company stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Lucapa Diamond Company price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-07)||-7.25%|
|1 month (2020-12-17)||20.75%|
|3 months (2020-10-16)||-1.54%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||39.13%|
|1 year (2020-01-16)||-48.80%|
|2 years (2019-01-16)||-65.41%|
|3 years (2018-01-16)||-74.90%|
|5 years (2016-01-15)||-78.31%|
Lucapa Diamond Company financials
|Revenue TTM||$13.5 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$-92,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-2.82%|
|Return on equity TTM||-25.56%|
|Market capitalisation||$41.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Lucapa Diamond Company share dividends
We're not expecting Lucapa Diamond Company to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Lucapa Diamond Company 's shares ever split?
Lucapa Diamond Company 's shares were split on a 1:30 basis on 23 May 2014. So if you had owned 30 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Lucapa Diamond Company shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 2900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Lucapa Diamond Company shares which in turn could have impacted Lucapa Diamond Company 's share price.
Lucapa Diamond Company share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Lucapa Diamond Company 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.042 up to $0.15. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Lucapa Diamond Company 's is -0.0954. This would suggest that Lucapa Diamond Company 's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Lucapa Diamond Company has bucked the trend.
Lucapa Diamond Company overview
Lucapa Diamond Company Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the mining and exploration of diamond projects in Angola, Lesotho, Botswana, and Australia. It primarily operates Lulo Alluvial mine in Angola and the Mothae Kimberlite mine in Lesotho. The company was formerly known as Lonrho Mining Limited and changed its name to Lucapa Diamond Company Limited in October 2012. Lucapa Diamond Company Limited was founded in 2004 and is based in Subiaco, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Lucapa Diamond Company units | A$51.7
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Lucapa Diamond Company units | A$52.97
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Lucapa Diamond Company units | A$102.29
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Lucapa Diamond Company units | A$23.73
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Lucapa Diamond Company units | A$88.25
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Lucapa Diamond Company units | A$16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Lucapa Diamond Company units | A$74.89
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Lucapa Diamond Company units | A$50.91
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Lucapa Diamond Company units | A$9.43
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert