How to buy Lovisa Holdings (LOV) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Lovisa Holdings shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Lovisa Holdings Limited is a luxury goods business based in Australia. Lovisa Holdings shares (LOV) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Lovisa Holdings has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $226.3 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Lovisa Holdings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Lovisa Holdings . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: LOV. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Lovisa Holdings reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Lovisa Holdings . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Lovisa Holdings key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Lovisa Holdings stock a buy or sell?
- Lovisa Holdings performance over time
- Are Lovisa Holdings shares over-valued?
- Lovisa Holdings 's financials
- How volatile are Lovisa Holdings shares?
- Does Lovisa Holdings pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Lovisa Holdings stock price (ASX:LOV)Use our graph to track the performance of LOV stocks over time.
Lovisa Holdings shares at a glance
|52-week range||$5.7205 - $16.5|
|50-day moving average||$15.1253|
|200-day moving average||$13.9246|
|Dividend yield||$0.2 (1.26%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.038|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Lovisa Holdings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Lovisa Holdings price performance over time
|1 month (2021-07-06)||-6.49%|
|3 months (2021-05-06)||1.96%|
Is Lovisa Holdings under- or over-valued?
Valuing Lovisa Holdings stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Lovisa Holdings 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Lovisa Holdings 's P/E ratio
Lovisa Holdings 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 403x. In other words, Lovisa Holdings shares trade at around 403x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Lovisa Holdings 's EBITDA
Lovisa Holdings 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $8.9 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Lovisa Holdings 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Lovisa Holdings financials
|Revenue TTM||$226.3 million|
|Operating margin TTM||4.77%|
|Gross profit TTM||$187.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.48%|
|Return on equity TTM||6.51%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.6 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Lovisa Holdings share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 5% of net profits
Recently Lovisa Holdings has paid out, on average, around 5% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 2.52% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Lovisa Holdings shareholders could enjoy a 2.52% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Lovisa Holdings 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.2 per share.
While Lovisa Holdings 's payout ratio might seem low, this can signify that Lovisa Holdings is investing more in its future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 8 March 2021 (the "ex-dividend date").
Lovisa Holdings share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Lovisa Holdings 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $5.7205 up to $16.5. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Lovisa Holdings 's is 2.177. This would suggest that Lovisa Holdings 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Lovisa Holdings overview
Lovisa Holdings Limited engages in the retail sale of fashion jewelry and accessories. It designs, develops, sources, and merchandises fashion jewelry and accessories under the Lovisa brand name. As of June 28, 2020, the company operated 435 retail stores, including 41 franchise stores. It operated owned stores in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, South Africa, the United Kingdom, France, and the United States; and franchised stores in Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Vietnam. Lovisa Holdings Limited was founded in 2010 and is based in Hawthorn, Australia.
Stocks similar to Lovisa Holdings
Lovisa Holdings in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the WAY2VAT IPO
Everything we know about the WAY2VAT IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Pearl Gull Iron IPO
Everything we know about the Pearl Gull Iron IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Zoom2u Technologies IPO
Everything we know about the Zoom2u Technologies IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Copper Search IPO
Copper Search is expected to go public . Here's how to buy in when the IPO launches.
How to invest in the Alvo Minerals IPO
Everything we know about the Alvo Minerals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Star Minerals Limited IPO
Everything we know about the Star Minerals Limited IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Heavy Mineral Limited IPO
Everything we know about the Heavy Mineral Limited IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the X2M Connect IPO
Everything we know about the X2M Connect IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Industrial Minerals (IND.AU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Industrial Minerals shares.
How to invest in the SSH Group IPO
Everything we know about the SSH Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert