How to buy London City Equities shares
Own London City Equities shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
London City Equities Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. London City Equities shares (LCE) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. London City Equities has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $513,452..
How to buy shares in London City Equities
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for London City Equities . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: LCE. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until London City Equities reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.4225, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of London City Equities . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- London City Equities key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is London City Equities stock a buy or sell?
- London City Equities performance over time
- Are London City Equities shares over-valued?
- London City Equities 's financials
- How volatile are London City Equities shares?
- Does London City Equities pay a dividend?
- Have London City Equities shares ever split?
- Other common questions
London City Equities share priceUse our graph to track the performance of LCE stocks over time.
London City Equities shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.4225 - $0.45|
|50-day moving average||$0.4277|
|200-day moving average||$0.4337|
|Dividend yield||$0.01 (3.2%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.002|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy London City Equities stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
London City Equities price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-12)||0%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||0%|
|3 months (2020-10-20)||0%|
|6 months (2020-07-20)||-1.74%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||-6.11%|
|2 years (2019-01-18)||1.81%|
|3 years (2018-01-19)||3.05%|
|5 years (2016-01-19)||53.64%|
Is London City Equities under- or over-valued?
Valuing London City Equities stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of London City Equities 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
London City Equities 's P/E ratio
London City Equities 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 205x. In other words, London City Equities shares trade at around 205x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
London City Equities financials
|Operating margin TTM||35.42%|
|Gross profit TTM||$513,452|
|Return on assets TTM||0.85%|
|Return on equity TTM||0.46%|
|Market capitalisation||$9.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
London City Equities share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 654.87% of net profits
Recently London City Equities has paid out, on average, around 654.87% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 3.2% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), London City Equities shareholders could enjoy a 3.2% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In London City Equities 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.01 per share.
London City Equities 's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 1 October 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have London City Equities 's shares ever split?
London City Equities 's shares were split on 28 February 2000.
London City Equities share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, London City Equities 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.4225 up to $0.45. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while London City Equities 's is 0.0123. This would suggest that London City Equities 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
London City Equities overview
London City Equities Limited is a publicly owned investment manager. The firm invests in the public equity markets of Australia. London City Equities Limited was founded in 1986 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy London City Equities units | A$51.73
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy London City Equities units | A$52.92
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy London City Equities units | A$103.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy London City Equities units | A$23.84
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy London City Equities units | A$88.09
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy London City Equities units | A$16.16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy London City Equities units | A$75.2
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy London City Equities units | A$50.77
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy London City Equities units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert