Livongo Health, Inc is a medical devices business with stocks listed in the US. Livongo Health shares (LVGO) are listed on the NASDAQ and all prices are listed in US Dollars. Its last market close was US$134.35 – an increase of 4.98% over the previous week.
How to buy shares in Livongo Health
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Livongo Health. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: LVGO. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Livongo Health reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$134.35, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Livongo Health, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Livongo Health. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
How has coronavirus impacted Livongo Health's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Livongo Health's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was US$134.35, which is 79.29% up on its pre-crash value of US$27.82 and 616.15% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as US$18.76.
If you had bought US$1,000 worth of Livongo Health shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth US$883.22 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth US$5,607.77.
Livongo Health share priceUse our graph to track the performance of LVGO stocks over time.
Livongo Health shares at a glance
|Latest market close||USD$134.35|
|52-week range||USD$15.12 - USD$150|
|50-day moving average||USD$129.8438|
|200-day moving average||USD$75.8499|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||USD$-2.95|
Standard brokerage - US shares
Get $0 brokerage on US stocks with trades as little as $50 when you join the world’s biggest social trading network.
- $0 brokerage for US stocks
- Trades starting from $50
- Fractional shares
- Copy top traders
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Livongo Health stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Livongo Health price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-14)||8.79%|
|1 month (2020-08-24)||0.74%|
|3 months (2020-06-20)||N/A|
|6 months (2020-03-23)||534.92%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||463.08%|
|2 years (2018-09-20)||N/A|
|3 years (2017-09-20)||N/A|
|5 years (2015-09-20)||N/A|
Is Livongo Health under- or over-valued?
Valuing Livongo Health stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Livongo Health's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Livongo Health's PEG ratio
Livongo Health's "price/earnings-to-growth ratio" can be calculated by dividing its P/E ratio by its growth – to give 3.1522. A low ratio can be interpreted as meaning the shares offer better value, while a higher ratio can be interpreted as meaning the shares offer worse value.
The PEG ratio provides a broader view than just the P/E ratio, as it gives more insight into Livongo Health's future profitability. By accounting for growth, it could also help you if you're comparing the share prices of multiple high-growth companies.
Livongo Health financials
|Revenue TTM||US$258 million|
|Gross profit TTM||US$124 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-3.89%|
|Return on equity TTM||-9.93%|
|Market capitalisation||US$13.3 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Shorting Livongo Health shares
There are currently 10.3 million Livongo Health shares held short by investors – that's known as Livongo Health's "short interest". This figure is 11% up from 9.3 million last month.
There are a few different ways that this level of interest in shorting Livongo Health shares can be evaluated.
Livongo Health's "short interest ratio" (SIR)
Livongo Health's "short interest ratio" (SIR) is the quantity of Livongo Health shares currently shorted divided by the average quantity of Livongo Health shares traded daily (recently around 5.6 million). Livongo Health's SIR currently stands at 1.85. In other words for every 100,000 Livongo Health shares traded daily on the market, roughly 1850 shares are currently held short.
However Livongo Health's short interest can also be evaluated against the total number of Livongo Health shares, or, against the total number of tradable Livongo Health shares (the shares that aren't held by "insiders" or major long-term shareholders – also known as the "float"). In this case Livongo Health's short interest could be expressed as 0.1% of the outstanding shares (for every 100,000 Livongo Health shares in existence, roughly 100 shares are currently held short) or 0.1871% of the tradable shares (for every 100,000 tradable Livongo Health shares, roughly 187 shares are currently held short).
Such a low SIR usually points to an optimistic outlook for the share price, with fewer people currently willing to bet against Livongo Health.
Find out more about how you can short Livongo Health stock.
Livongo Health share dividends
We're not expecting Livongo Health to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Livongo Health overview
Livongo Health, Inc. provides an integrated suite of solutions for the healthcare industry in North America. Its solutions promote health behavior change based on real-time data capture supported by intuitive devices and insights driven by data science. The company offers a platform that provides cellular-connected devices, supplies, informed coaching, data science-enabled insights, and facilitates access to medications. Its products include Livongo for diabetes, Livongo for hypertension, Livongo for prediabetes and weight management, and Livongo for behavioral health by myStrength. The company was formerly known as EosHealth, Inc. and changed its name to Livongo Health, Inc. in 2014. Livongo Health, Inc. was incorporated in 2008 and is headquartered in Mountain View, California.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert