How to buy Lithium Australia NL shares | A$0.051
Own Lithium Australia NL shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Lithium Australia NL is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Lithium Australia NL shares (LIT) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.051 – the same closing value as a week prior. Lithium Australia NL has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $374,381.
How to buy shares in Lithium Australia NL
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Lithium Australia NL. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: LIT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Lithium Australia NL reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.051, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Lithium Australia NL. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Lithium Australia NL key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Lithium Australia NL stock a buy or sell?
- Lithium Australia NL performance over time
- Lithium Australia NL's financials
- How volatile are Lithium Australia NL shares?
- Does Lithium Australia NL pay a dividend?
- Have Lithium Australia NL shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Lithium Australia NL's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Lithium Australia NL's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.051, which is 15.00% down on its pre-crash value of $0.06 and 59.38% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.032.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Lithium Australia NL shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $607.14 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $910.71.
Lithium Australia NL share priceUse our graph to track the performance of LIT stocks over time.
Lithium Australia NL shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.051|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.032 - AUDA$0.089|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0531|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0517|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.025|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Lithium Australia NL stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Lithium Australia NL price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-10)||N/A|
|1 month (2020-09-21)||-7.27%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||8.51%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||-1.92%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||13.33%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||-48.54%|
|3 years (2017-10-19)||-68.81%|
|5 years (2015-10-19)||-58.84%|
Lithium Australia NL financials
|Gross profit TTM||$-355,811|
|Return on assets TTM||-25.08%|
|Return on equity TTM||-33.32%|
|Market capitalisation||$46 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Lithium Australia NL share dividends
We're not expecting Lithium Australia NL to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Lithium Australia NL's shares ever split?
Lithium Australia NL's shares were split on a 3:2 basis on 25 April 2016. So if you had owned 2 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 3 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Lithium Australia NL shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 33.3% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for Lithium Australia NL shares which in turn could have impacted Lithium Australia NL's share price.
Lithium Australia NL share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Lithium Australia NL's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.032 up to $0.089. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Lithium Australia NL's is 1.9661. This would suggest that Lithium Australia NL's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Lithium Australia NL overview
Lithium Australia NL primarily engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of lithium properties. It operates through Tenement Exploration and Evaluation; and Processing Technology segments. The company holds interests in various projects located in Western Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, and South Australia in Australia; Canada; and Germany. It also engages in the development of processing technology for lithium extraction; and battery material research and development activities. The company was formerly known as Cobre Montana NL and changed its name to Lithium Australia NL in July 2015. Lithium Australia NL was incorporated in 2007 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert