How to buy Lithium Australia NL (LIT) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in Lithium Australia NL shares.
Lithium Australia NL is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Lithium Australia NL shares (LIT) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Lithium Australia NL has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $5.5 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Lithium Australia NL
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Lithium Australia NL. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: LIT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Lithium Australia NL reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Lithium Australia NL. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Lithium Australia NL key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Lithium Australia NL stock a buy or sell?
- Lithium Australia NL performance over time
- Lithium Australia NL's financials
- How volatile are Lithium Australia NL shares?
- Does Lithium Australia NL pay a dividend?
- Have Lithium Australia NL shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Lithium Australia NL stock price (ASX:LIT)Use our graph to track the performance of LIT stocks over time.
Lithium Australia NL shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.028 - $0.066|
|50-day moving average||$0.0321|
|200-day moving average||$0.0351|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.01|
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Lithium Australia NL stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Lithium Australia NL price performance over time
|1 week (2023-11-30)||-3.33%|
|1 month (2023-11-08)||-12.12%|
|3 months (2023-09-08)||-19.44%|
|6 months (2023-06-08)||-23.68%|
|1 year (2022-12-08)||-39.58%|
|2 years (2021-12-08)||-74.78%|
|3 years (2020-12-08)||-52.46%|
|5 years (2018-12-07)||-69.51%|
Lithium Australia NL financials
|Revenue TTM||$5.5 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$1.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-37.26%|
|Return on equity TTM||-51.84%|
|Market capitalisation||$36.7 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Lithium Australia NL share dividends
We're not expecting Lithium Australia NL to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Lithium Australia NL's shares ever split?
Lithium Australia NL's shares were split on a 1.0851:1 basis on 18 December 2007. So if you had owned 1 share the day before the split, the next day you would own 1.0851 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Lithium Australia NL shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 7.8% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for Lithium Australia NL shares which in turn could have impacted Lithium Australia NL's share price.
Lithium Australia NL share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Lithium Australia NL's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.028 up to $0.066. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Lithium Australia NL's is 1.068. This would suggest that Lithium Australia NL's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Lithium Australia NL overview
Lithium Australia Limited, together with its subsidiaries, primarily engages in the mineral exploration and technology development activities. It operates through Lithium Chemicals, Battery Recycling, and Battery Materials segments. The company researches and develops processing technologies for mixed-battery recycling, as well as sells recovered energy metals; and researches, develops, and produces battery materials, including lithium ferro phosphate and lithium manganese ferro phosphate. It also researches and develops a suite of extraction and refining technologies for the recovery of lithium chemicals from various materials, including lithium micas and spodumene; and offers end of life solutions for batteries. The company was incorporated in 2007 and is based in Kew, Australia.
Stocks similar to Lithium Australia NL
Lithium Australia NL in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Shein IPO: How to invest in the Shein IPO
What you need to know about investing in Shein from Australia.
Best performing stocks on the ASX in 2023 (Updated weekly)
Looking for the best performing stocks in Australia? We update this list weekly.
Tiger Brokers review for Australians
If you're thinking of trading stocks with Tiger Brokers, check out our review of this online broker's fees, safety and pros and cons first.
How to buy Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA ADR (GOL) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Caltex Australia shares
Steps to owning and managing Caltex Australia shares from .
A beginner’s guide to Lego investing
Looking for alternative investments? With a ROI of up to 3,593% lego may be worth considering. Read on to find out which lego sets are worth the investment.
The cheapest stock brokers in Australia (Dec 2023)
Find cheap stock brokerage in Australia when buying and selling shares on the ASX and other international exchanges.
What is the money market?
Learn about the money market and everyday consumer money market products.
Is investing in crowdfunding a safe investment?
Equity crowdfunding offers a unique opportunity for investors and for Australian startups, but Australia’s regulatory framework surrounding crowdfunding still lags behind the rest of the world.
The best trading platforms in Australia for 2023
Follow these tips to find the best share trading platform for you.
Ask an Expert