How to buy Legacy Iron Ore shares | A$0.008
Own Legacy Iron Ore shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Legacy Iron Ore Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Legacy Iron Ore shares (LCY) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.008 – an increase of 33.33% over the previous week. Legacy Iron Ore has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $86,248.
How to buy shares in Legacy Iron Ore
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Legacy Iron Ore . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: LCY. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Legacy Iron Ore reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.008, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Legacy Iron Ore . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Legacy Iron Ore key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Legacy Iron Ore stock a buy or sell?
- Legacy Iron Ore performance over time
- Legacy Iron Ore 's financials
- How volatile are Legacy Iron Ore shares?
- Does Legacy Iron Ore pay a dividend?
- Have Legacy Iron Ore shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Legacy Iron Ore 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Legacy Iron Ore 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.008, which is 87.50% up on its pre-crash value of $0.001 and 700.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.001.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Legacy Iron Ore shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $666.67 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $5,333.33.
Legacy Iron Ore share priceUse our graph to track the performance of LCY stocks over time.
Legacy Iron Ore shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.008|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.001 - AUDA$0.01|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0052|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0036|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.001|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Legacy Iron Ore stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Legacy Iron Ore price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-15)||33.33%|
|1 month (2020-09-22)||100.00%|
|3 months (2020-07-22)||60.00%|
|6 months (2020-04-22)||300.00%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||N/A|
|2 years (2018-10-18)||N/A|
|3 years (2017-10-19)||166.67%|
|5 years (2015-10-22)||60.00%|
Legacy Iron Ore financials
|Gross profit TTM||$86,248|
|Return on assets TTM||-2.89%|
|Return on equity TTM||-5.14%|
|Market capitalisation||$50 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Legacy Iron Ore share dividends
We're not expecting Legacy Iron Ore to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Legacy Iron Ore 's shares ever split?
Legacy Iron Ore 's shares were split on 30 August 2009.
Legacy Iron Ore share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Legacy Iron Ore 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.001 up to $0.01. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Legacy Iron Ore 's is 2.1607. This would suggest that Legacy Iron Ore 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Legacy Iron Ore overview
Legacy Iron Ore Limited explores, evaluates, and develops mineral properties in Australia. It primarily explores for iron, gold, base metals, tungsten, and manganese, as well as rare earth metals. The company's projects include the Mt Bevan iron ore project, and pilbara iron ore and manganese projects located in Western Australia; the South Laverton gold project covering an area of 460 square kilometers located in the South Laverton region; and the East Kimberley project comprising three exploration licenses located in the Halls Creek area. It also owns interest in the Mt Bradley rare earth metal project located in Australia. The company was incorporated in 2007 and is based in Perth, Australia. Legacy Iron Ore Limited is a subsidiary of NMDC Limited.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on finder
Where to buy xbox one racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy xbox one consoles online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia.
Where to buy xbox one chargers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia.
Where to buy xbox one cables online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia.
Where to buy xbox 360 online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia.
Where to buy xbox 360 remotes online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia.
Where to buy xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy xbox 360 headsets online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia.
Where to buy xbox 360 games online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia.
Where to buy xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia.
Ask an Expert