How to buy LawFinance shares | A$0.035
Own LawFinance shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
LawFinance Limited is a credit services business based in Australia. LawFinance shares (LAW) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.035 – an increase of 6.06% over the previous week. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $31.9 million.
How to buy shares in LawFinance
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for LawFinance . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: LAW. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until LawFinance reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.035, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of LawFinance . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
How has coronavirus impacted LawFinance 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, LawFinance 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.035, which is 50.00% down on its pre-crash value of $0.07 and 40.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.025.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of LawFinance shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $527.78 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $486.11.
LawFinance share priceUse our graph to track the performance of LAW stocks over time.
LawFinance shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.035|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.025 - AUDA$0.08|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0346|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0375|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.068|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy LawFinance stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
LawFinance price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-13)||6.06%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||-5.41%|
|3 months (2020-07-20)||-5.41%|
|6 months (2020-04-20)||-14.63%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||-49.35%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||-48.68%|
|3 years (2017-10-20)||-78.89%|
|5 years (2015-10-20)||-77.65%|
|Operating margin TTM||277.77%|
|Gross profit TTM||$-673,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-5.96%|
|Return on equity TTM||-39.9%|
|Market capitalisation||$31.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
LawFinance share dividends
We're not expecting LawFinance to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have LawFinance 's shares ever split?
LawFinance 's shares were split on a 1:50 basis on 15 February 2015. So if you had owned 50 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your LawFinance shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 4900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for LawFinance shares which in turn could have impacted LawFinance 's share price.
LawFinance share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, LawFinance 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.025 up to $0.08. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while LawFinance 's is 1.4039. This would suggest that LawFinance 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
LawFinance Limited provides financing solutions to law firms in Australia and the United States. The company operates through JustKapital Finance and National Health Finance segments. It offers disbursement and short-term, and medical lien funding services. The company was formerly known as JustKapital Limited and changed its name to LawFinance Limited in October 2018. LawFinance Limited is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert