How to buy Latrobe Magnesium shares | A$0.024
Own Latrobe Magnesium shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Latrobe Magnesium Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Latrobe Magnesium shares (LMG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.024 – the same closing value as a week prior. Latrobe Magnesium has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $8.8 million.
How to buy shares in Latrobe Magnesium
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Latrobe Magnesium . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: LMG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Latrobe Magnesium reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.024, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Latrobe Magnesium . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Latrobe Magnesium key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Latrobe Magnesium stock a buy or sell?
- Latrobe Magnesium performance over time
- Are Latrobe Magnesium shares over-valued?
- Latrobe Magnesium 's financials
- How volatile are Latrobe Magnesium shares?
- Does Latrobe Magnesium pay a dividend?
- Have Latrobe Magnesium shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Latrobe Magnesium 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Latrobe Magnesium 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.024, which is 54.17% up on its pre-crash value of $0.011 and 380.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.005.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Latrobe Magnesium shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $375.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,500.00.
Latrobe Magnesium share priceUse our graph to track the performance of LMG stocks over time.
Latrobe Magnesium shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.024|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.006 - AUDA$0.029|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.026|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.019|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.005|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Latrobe Magnesium stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Latrobe Magnesium price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-23)||-4.00%|
|1 month (2020-09-30)||-7.69%|
|3 months (2020-07-30)||-14.29%|
|6 months (2020-04-30)||200.00%|
|1 year (2019-10-30)||100.00%|
|2 years (2018-10-30)||200.00%|
|3 years (2017-10-30)||50.00%|
|5 years (2015-10-30)||200.00%|
Is Latrobe Magnesium under- or over-valued?
Valuing Latrobe Magnesium stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Latrobe Magnesium 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Latrobe Magnesium 's P/E ratio
Latrobe Magnesium 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 5x. In other words, Latrobe Magnesium shares trade at around 5x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Latrobe Magnesium 's EBITDA
Latrobe Magnesium 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $6.8 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Latrobe Magnesium 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Latrobe Magnesium financials
|Revenue TTM||$8.8 million|
|Operating margin TTM||77.63%|
|Gross profit TTM||$8.8 million|
|Return on assets TTM||20.04%|
|Return on equity TTM||70.18%|
|Market capitalisation||$31.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Latrobe Magnesium share dividends
We're not expecting Latrobe Magnesium to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Latrobe Magnesium 's shares ever split?
Latrobe Magnesium 's shares were split on 26 August 1997.
Latrobe Magnesium share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Latrobe Magnesium 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.006 up to $0.029. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Latrobe Magnesium 's is 1.5881. This would suggest that Latrobe Magnesium 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Latrobe Magnesium overview
Latrobe Magnesium Limited engages in the extraction and sale of magnesium metal and cementitious material from industrial fly ash in Germany. It holds interests in the Latrobe magnesium project located in the Latrobe Valley in Victoria. The company was incorporated in 1986 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Youfoodz (LMG.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Youfoodz IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals in Australia, hand-picked by Finder's shopping experts.
How to invest in the Hipages (LMG.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Hipages IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy the US Vegan Climate ETF | N/AN/A
Steps to owning and managing buy US Vegan Climate ETF units.
How to buy Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares | A$0.023
Steps to owning and managing Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares from Australia.
How to buy Latrobe Magnesium shares | $58.29
Steps to owning and managing Bunge Ltd shares from Australia.
How to buy Latrobe Magnesium shares | $37.47
Steps to owning and managing Conagra Brands shares from Australia.
How to buy Latrobe Magnesium shares | $67.1
Steps to owning and managing Kellogg Company shares from Australia.
How to buy Latrobe Magnesium shares | $71.62
Steps to owning and managing Ingredion shares from Australia
How to buy Latrobe Magnesium shares | $59.71
Steps to owning and managing Tyson Foods shares from Australia.
Ask an Expert