How to buy L1 Long Short Fund shares | A$1.595
Own L1 Long Short Fund shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
L1 Long Short Fund Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. L1 Long Short Fund shares (LSF) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $1.595 – the same closing value as a week prior. L1 Long Short Fund has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $74.3 million.
How to buy shares in L1 Long Short Fund
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for L1 Long Short Fund . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: LSF. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until L1 Long Short Fund reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.595, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of L1 Long Short Fund . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- L1 Long Short Fund key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is L1 Long Short Fund stock a buy or sell?
- L1 Long Short Fund performance over time
- Are L1 Long Short Fund shares over-valued?
- L1 Long Short Fund 's financials
- How volatile are L1 Long Short Fund shares?
- Does L1 Long Short Fund pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted L1 Long Short Fund 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, L1 Long Short Fund 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $1.595, which is 12.54% up on its pre-crash value of $1.395 and 141.67% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.66.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of L1 Long Short Fund shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $484.43 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,103.80.
L1 Long Short Fund share priceUse our graph to track the performance of LSF stocks over time.
L1 Long Short Fund shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$1.595|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.66 - AUDA$1.8438|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$1.4771|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$1.4646|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.273|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy L1 Long Short Fund stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
L1 Long Short Fund price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-12)||0%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||8.14%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||31.28%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||0.77%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||2.24%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||-6.18%|
|3 years (2017-10-16)||N/A|
|5 years (2015-10-16)||N/A|
Is L1 Long Short Fund under- or over-valued?
Valuing L1 Long Short Fund stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of L1 Long Short Fund 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
L1 Long Short Fund 's P/E ratio
L1 Long Short Fund 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 5x. In other words, L1 Long Short Fund shares trade at around 5x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
L1 Long Short Fund financials
|Revenue TTM||$74.3 million|
|Operating margin TTM||74%|
|Gross profit TTM||$74.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||1.34%|
|Return on equity TTM||-1.87%|
|Market capitalisation||$1 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
L1 Long Short Fund share dividends
We're not expecting L1 Long Short Fund to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
L1 Long Short Fund share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, L1 Long Short Fund 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.66 up to $1.8438. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while L1 Long Short Fund 's is 1.6847. This would suggest that L1 Long Short Fund 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
L1 Long Short Fund overview
L1 Long Short Fund Limited is a equity fund launched and managed by L1 Capital Pty Ltd. The fund investments predominantly in Australian and New Zealand securities. It employs long and short strategy to make its investments. The fund employs bottom up approach to make its investments. It is was formed in September 2014 and is domiciled in Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert