How to buy Kirkland Lake Gold shares | A$70
Own Kirkland Lake Gold shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd is a gold business based in Australia. Kirkland Lake Gold shares (KLA) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $70 – a decrease of 1.07% over the previous week. Kirkland Lake Gold has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.9 billion.
How to buy shares in Kirkland Lake Gold
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Kirkland Lake Gold . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: KLA. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Kirkland Lake Gold reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $70, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Kirkland Lake Gold . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Kirkland Lake Gold key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Kirkland Lake Gold stock a buy or sell?
- Kirkland Lake Gold performance over time
- Are Kirkland Lake Gold shares over-valued?
- Kirkland Lake Gold 's financials
- How volatile are Kirkland Lake Gold shares?
- Does Kirkland Lake Gold pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Kirkland Lake Gold 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Kirkland Lake Gold 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $70, which is 24.26% up on its pre-crash value of $53.02 and 82.10% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $38.44.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Kirkland Lake Gold shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $757.49 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,140.30.
Kirkland Lake Gold share priceUse our graph to track the performance of KLA stocks over time.
Kirkland Lake Gold shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$70|
|52-week range||AUDA$38.44 - AUDA$80.5|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$70.38|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$64.3253|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.58 (0.83%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$2.926|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Kirkland Lake Gold stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Kirkland Lake Gold price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-12)||0.20%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||-2.90%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||10.38%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||19.17%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||8.12%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||125.08%|
|3 years (2017-10-15)||N/A|
|5 years (2015-10-15)||N/A|
Is Kirkland Lake Gold under- or over-valued?
Valuing Kirkland Lake Gold stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Kirkland Lake Gold 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Kirkland Lake Gold 's P/E ratio
Kirkland Lake Gold 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 16x. In other words, Kirkland Lake Gold shares trade at around 16x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Kirkland Lake Gold 's EBITDA
Kirkland Lake Gold 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $1.3 billion.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Kirkland Lake Gold 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Kirkland Lake Gold financials
|Revenue TTM||$1.9 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||56.29%|
|Gross profit TTM||$1.1 billion|
|Return on assets TTM||16.14%|
|Return on equity TTM||22.43%|
|Market capitalisation||$19.5 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Kirkland Lake Gold share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 9.31% of net profits
Recently Kirkland Lake Gold has paid out, on average, around 9.31% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 0.83% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Kirkland Lake Gold shareholders could enjoy a 0.83% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Kirkland Lake Gold 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.58 per share.
While Kirkland Lake Gold 's payout ratio might seem low, this can signify that Kirkland Lake Gold is investing more in its future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 28 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Kirkland Lake Gold share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Kirkland Lake Gold 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $38.44 up to $80.5. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Kirkland Lake Gold 's is 0.9356. This would suggest that Kirkland Lake Gold 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Kirkland Lake Gold overview
Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd. engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and operation of gold properties. The company's principal properties include the Fosterville Mine located in the State of Victoria, Australia; and Macassa Mine situated in the Municipality of Kirkland Lake, Ontario, Canada. It has a strategic alliance agreement with Newmont Corporation to assess regional exploration opportunities around Newmont's Timmins properties and the company's Holt Complex in Ontario, Canada. The company was formerly known as Newmarket Gold Inc. and changed its name to Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd. in December 2016. Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd. is headquartered in Toronto, Canada.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert