How to buy Kina Securities shares
Own Kina Securities shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Kina Securities Limited is a financial conglomerates business based in Australia. Kina Securities shares (KSL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Kina Securities has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $278 million.
How to buy shares in Kina Securities
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Kina Securities . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: KSL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Kina Securities reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.02, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Kina Securities . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Kina Securities key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Kina Securities stock a buy or sell?
- Kina Securities performance over time
- Are Kina Securities shares over-valued?
- Kina Securities 's financials
- How volatile are Kina Securities shares?
- Does Kina Securities pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Kina Securities share priceUse our graph to track the performance of KSL stocks over time.
Kina Securities shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.5512 - $1.3501|
|50-day moving average||$0.9244|
|200-day moving average||$0.8834|
|Dividend yield||$0.06 (6.67%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.1372|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Kina Securities stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Kina Securities price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-18)||8.51%|
|1 month (2020-12-24)||12.09%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||33.33%|
|6 months (2020-07-24)||2.00%|
|1 year (2020-01-24)||-29.90%|
|2 years (2019-01-25)||-1.45%|
|3 years (2018-01-25)||27.50%|
|5 years (2016-01-25)||13.33%|
Is Kina Securities under- or over-valued?
Valuing Kina Securities stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Kina Securities 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Kina Securities 's P/E ratio
Kina Securities 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 5x. In other words, Kina Securities shares trade at around 5x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Kina Securities financials
|Gross profit TTM||$199.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.78%|
|Return on equity TTM||22.1%|
|Market capitalisation||$278 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Kina Securities share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 55.35% of net profits
Recently Kina Securities has paid out, on average, around 55.35% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 6.67% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Kina Securities shareholders could enjoy a 6.67% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Kina Securities 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.06 per share.
Kina Securities 's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 1 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Kina Securities share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Kina Securities 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.5512 up to $1.3501. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Kina Securities 's is 0.8636. This would suggest that Kina Securities 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Kina Securities overview
Kina Securities Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides various diversified financial services in Papua New Guinea. The company operates through three segments: Banking & Finance, Wealth Management, and Corporate. It offers various banking products and services, including saving, cheque, fixed deposit, and cash management accounts; debit cards; internet and mobile banking services; insurance agent services; personal, home, residential investment property, and business loans; overdraft, equipment financing, insurance premium funding, and bank guarantee services; and trade finance and ESI loan services. The company also provides various wealth management services comprising funds management, separately managed account, outsourced treasury management, trustee, and fund administration services; and stock broking services. Kina Securities Limited was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Kina Securities units | A$51.67
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Kina Securities units | A$52.89
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Kina Securities units | A$104.57
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Kina Securities units | A$24.01
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Kina Securities units | A$90.36
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Kina Securities units | A$17.23
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Kina Securities units | A$75.54
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Kina Securities units | A$50.6
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Kina Securities units | A$9.38
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert