How to buy Key Petroleum (KEY) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Key Petroleum shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Key Petroleum Limited is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Key Petroleum shares (KEY) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Key Petroleum has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $549,193. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Key Petroleum
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Key Petroleum . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: KEY. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Key Petroleum reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Key Petroleum . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Key Petroleum stock price (ASX:KEY)Use our graph to track the performance of KEY stocks over time.
Key Petroleum shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.002 - $0.007|
|50-day moving average||$0.0033|
|200-day moving average||$0.0033|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.001|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Key Petroleum stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Key Petroleum price performance over time
|1 week (2021-10-15)||0.003|
|1 month (2021-09-22)||0.003|
|3 months (2021-07-22)||-14.29%|
|6 months (2021-04-22)||-14.29%|
|1 year (2020-10-22)||-45.45%|
|2 years (2019-10-22)||-66.67%|
|3 years (2018-10-22)||-57.14%|
|5 years (2016-10-21)||-25.00%|
Is Key Petroleum under- or over-valued?
Valuing Key Petroleum stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Key Petroleum 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Key Petroleum 's EBITDA
Key Petroleum 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $2,925 (£1,592).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Key Petroleum 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Key Petroleum financials
|Gross profit TTM||$549,193|
|Return on assets TTM||-34.68%|
|Return on equity TTM||-57.68%|
|Market capitalisation||$5.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Key Petroleum share dividends
We're not expecting Key Petroleum to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Key Petroleum 's shares ever split?
Key Petroleum 's shares were split on 8 July 2009.
Key Petroleum share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Key Petroleum 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.002 up to $0.007. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Key Petroleum 's is -0.0259. This would suggest that Key Petroleum 's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Key Petroleum has bucked the trend.
Key Petroleum overview
Key Petroleum Limited acquires and explores for petroleum permits in Australia. It holds interests in exploration programs in the Cooper Eromanga and North Perth Basins in Australia. The company was incorporated in 2006 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Stocks similar to Key Petroleum
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy BITO ETF units | $43.28
Steps to owning and managing ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF units.
Why is the AMP share price looking up today?
Shares in the wealth management giant have been largely stable in the last 6 months.
How to invest in the Judo Capital Holdings IPO
Everything we know about the Judo Capital Holdings IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Alloggio Group IPO
Everything we know about the Alloggio Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Larvotto Resources IPO
Everything we know about the Larvotto Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Vulcan Steel IPO
Everything we know about the Vulcan Steel IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Artrya IPO
Everything we know about the Artrya IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the 8 Au IPO
Everything we know about the 8 Au IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Radiopharm Theranostics IPO
Everything we know about the Radiopharm Theranostics IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
What has prompted the rebound in the Kogan share price?
The online retailer’s shares have lost more than half their value in the last 12 months.
Ask an Expert