How to buy Kazia Therapeutics shares | A$0.805
Own Kazia Therapeutics shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Kazia Therapeutics Limited is a biotechnology business based in Australia. Kazia Therapeutics shares (KZA) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.805 – an increase of 0.63% over the previous week. Kazia Therapeutics has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $988,110.
How to buy shares in Kazia Therapeutics
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Kazia Therapeutics . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: KZA. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Kazia Therapeutics reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.805, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Kazia Therapeutics . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Kazia Therapeutics key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Kazia Therapeutics stock a buy or sell?
- Kazia Therapeutics performance over time
- Kazia Therapeutics 's financials
- How volatile are Kazia Therapeutics shares?
- Does Kazia Therapeutics pay a dividend?
- Have Kazia Therapeutics shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Kazia Therapeutics 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Kazia Therapeutics 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.805, which is 21.12% up on its pre-crash value of $0.635 and 109.09% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.385.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Kazia Therapeutics shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $713.11 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,319.67.
Kazia Therapeutics share priceUse our graph to track the performance of KZA stocks over time.
Kazia Therapeutics shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.805|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.37 - AUDA$1.235|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.9384|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.6179|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.179|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Kazia Therapeutics stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Kazia Therapeutics price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-10)||N/A|
|1 month (2020-09-21)||-14.81%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||61.00%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||85.06%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||67.71%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||109.09%|
|3 years (2017-10-19)||96.34%|
|5 years (2015-10-19)||-48.06%|
Kazia Therapeutics financials
|Gross profit TTM||$988,110|
|Return on assets TTM||-34.45%|
|Return on equity TTM||-88.05%|
|Market capitalisation||$59.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Kazia Therapeutics share dividends
We're not expecting Kazia Therapeutics to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Kazia Therapeutics 's shares ever split?
Kazia Therapeutics 's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 16 November 2017. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Kazia Therapeutics shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Kazia Therapeutics shares which in turn could have impacted Kazia Therapeutics 's share price.
Kazia Therapeutics share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Kazia Therapeutics 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.37 up to $1.235. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Kazia Therapeutics 's is 2.133. This would suggest that Kazia Therapeutics 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Kazia Therapeutics overview
Kazia Therapeutics Limited, an oncology-focused biotechnology company, develops anti-cancer drugs. Its lead development candidate is GDC-0084, a small molecule, brain-penetrant inhibitor of the PI3K/Akt/mTor pathway, which is developed as a potential therapy for glioblastoma. The company is also developing Cantrixil, which is being developed for the treatment of ovarian cancer and is in hospitals across Australia and the United States under an Investigational New Drug application. Kazia Therapeutics Limited has collaboration agreements St Jude Childrens Hospital; Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology; Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre; and University of Newcastle. Kazia Therapeutics Limited has collaboration with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute to investigate the use of Kazia's investigational new drug, paxalisib, in primary central nervous system lymphoma. The company was formerly known as Novogen Limited and changed its name to Kazia Therapeutics Limited in November 2017. Kazia Therapeutics Limited was founded in 1994 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert