How to buy Katana Capital shares | A$0.845
Own Katana Capital shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Katana Capital Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. Katana Capital shares (KAT) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.845 – the same closing value as a week prior. Katana Capital has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $3.8 million.
How to buy shares in Katana Capital
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Katana Capital . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: KAT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Katana Capital reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.845, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Katana Capital . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
How has coronavirus impacted Katana Capital 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Katana Capital 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.845, which is 1.78% up on its pre-crash value of $0.83 and 67.69% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.5039.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Katana Capital shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $678.36 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $988.30.
Katana Capital share priceUse our graph to track the performance of KAT stocks over time.
Katana Capital shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.845|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.57 - AUDA$0.86|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.834|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.7559|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.02 (2.37%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.039|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Katana Capital stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Katana Capital price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-12)||0%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||0%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||7.64%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||26.12%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||11.18%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||11.18%|
|3 years (2017-10-19)||13.42%|
|5 years (2015-10-19)||67.99%|
Is Katana Capital under- or over-valued?
Valuing Katana Capital stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Katana Capital 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Katana Capital 's P/E ratio
Katana Capital 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 21x. In other words, Katana Capital shares trade at around 21x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Katana Capital financials
|Revenue TTM||$3.8 million|
|Operating margin TTM||57.38%|
|Gross profit TTM||$3.8 million|
|Return on assets TTM||3.46%|
|Return on equity TTM||4.16%|
|Market capitalisation||$32.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Katana Capital share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 43.75% of net profits
Recently Katana Capital has paid out, on average, around 43.75% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 2.37% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Katana Capital shareholders could enjoy a 2.37% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Katana Capital 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.02 per share.
While Katana Capital 's payout ratio might seem fairly standard, it's worth remembering that Katana Capital may be investing much of the rest of its net profits in future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 12 July 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Katana Capital share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Katana Capital 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.57 up to $0.86. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Katana Capital 's is 0.6786. This would suggest that Katana Capital 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Katana Capital overview
Katana Capital Limited is a publicly owned investment manager. It invests in the public equity markets of Australia. Katana Capital Limited was founded on September 19, 2005 and is based in Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert