How to buy Japara Healthcare shares | A$0.4
Own Japara Healthcare shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Japara Healthcare Limited is a medical care facilities business based in Australia. Japara Healthcare shares (JHC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.4 – an increase of 1.27% over the previous week. Japara Healthcare has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $422.2 million.
How to buy shares in Japara Healthcare
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Japara Healthcare . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: JHC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Japara Healthcare reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.4, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Japara Healthcare . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Japara Healthcare key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Japara Healthcare stock a buy or sell?
- Japara Healthcare performance over time
- Are Japara Healthcare shares over-valued?
- Japara Healthcare 's financials
- How volatile are Japara Healthcare shares?
- Does Japara Healthcare pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Japara Healthcare 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Japara Healthcare 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.4, which is 56.76% down on its pre-crash value of $0.925 and 6.67% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.375.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Japara Healthcare shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $423.91 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $434.78.
Japara Healthcare share priceUse our graph to track the performance of JHC stocks over time.
Japara Healthcare shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.4|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.345 - AUDA$1.21|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.3968|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.4807|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.04 (9.88%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.053|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Japara Healthcare stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Japara Healthcare price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-16)||1.27%|
|1 month (2020-09-25)||14.29%|
|3 months (2020-07-24)||-19.19%|
|6 months (2020-04-24)||-19.19%|
|1 year (2019-10-25)||-64.76%|
|2 years (2018-10-25)||-63.64%|
|3 years (2017-10-25)||-80.10%|
|5 years (2015-10-23)||-87.46%|
Is Japara Healthcare under- or over-valued?
Valuing Japara Healthcare stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Japara Healthcare 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Japara Healthcare 's P/E ratio
Japara Healthcare 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 9x. In other words, Japara Healthcare shares trade at around 9x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Japara Healthcare 's EBITDA
Japara Healthcare 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $25.2 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Japara Healthcare 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Japara Healthcare financials
|Revenue TTM||$422.2 million|
|Operating margin TTM||0.27%|
|Gross profit TTM||$82 million|
|Return on assets TTM||0.05%|
|Return on equity TTM||-77.37%|
|Market capitalisation||$104.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Japara Healthcare share dividends
We're not expecting Japara Healthcare to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Japara Healthcare share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Japara Healthcare 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.345 up to $1.21. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Japara Healthcare 's is 1.2131. This would suggest that Japara Healthcare 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Japara Healthcare overview
Japara Healthcare Limited, together with its subsidiaries, owns, develops, and operates residential aged care homes in Australia. It operates approximately 4,400 resident places across 51 homes located in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, and Tasmania; and 180 independent living units across 5 retirement villages. The company was founded in 2005 and is based in Southbank, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Where to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia.
Ask an Expert