How to buy Jameson Resources shares
Own Jameson Resources shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Jameson Resources Limited is a coking coal business based in Australia. Jameson Resources shares (JAL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Jameson Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $46,852..
How to buy shares in Jameson Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Jameson Resources . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: JAL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Jameson Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.11, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Jameson Resources . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Jameson Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Jameson Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Jameson Resources performance over time
- Are Jameson Resources shares over-valued?
- Jameson Resources 's financials
- How volatile are Jameson Resources shares?
- Does Jameson Resources pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Jameson Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of JAL stocks over time.
Jameson Resources shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.098 - $0.19|
|50-day moving average||$0.1095|
|200-day moving average||$0.1215|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.004|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Jameson Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Jameson Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-14)||N/A|
|1 month (2020-12-21)||N/A|
|3 months (2020-10-21)||N/A|
|6 months (2020-07-21)||N/A|
|1 year (2020-01-21)||N/A|
|2 years (2019-01-21)||N/A|
|3 years (2018-01-21)||N/A|
|5 years (2016-01-21)||N/A|
Is Jameson Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Jameson Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Jameson Resources 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Jameson Resources 's P/E ratio
Jameson Resources 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 313x. In other words, Jameson Resources shares trade at around 313x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Jameson Resources financials
|Gross profit TTM||$46,852|
|Return on assets TTM||-2.59%|
|Return on equity TTM||1.46%|
|Market capitalisation||$33.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Jameson Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Jameson Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Jameson Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Jameson Resources 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.098 up to $0.19. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Jameson Resources 's is 0.8238. This would suggest that Jameson Resources 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Jameson Resources overview
Jameson Resources Limited engages in the exploration and development of coal projects in Western Canada. The company explores for coking and thermal coal. Its flagship project is the Crown Mountain project with ten granted coal licenses covering an area of 5,630 hectares located in the Elk Valley coal field in south eastern British Columbia. The company was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Jameson Resources units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Jameson Resources units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Jameson Resources units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Jameson Resources units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Jameson Resources units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Jameson Resources units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Jameson Resources units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Jameson Resources units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Jameson Resources units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert