How to buy Ironbark Capital shares | A$0.465
Own Ironbark Capital shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Ironbark Capital Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. Ironbark Capital shares (IBC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.465 – an increase of 1.09% over the previous week. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $57.9 million.
How to buy shares in Ironbark Capital
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Ironbark Capital . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: IBC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Ironbark Capital reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.465, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Ironbark Capital . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Ironbark Capital key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Ironbark Capital stock a buy or sell?
- Ironbark Capital performance over time
- Are Ironbark Capital shares over-valued?
- Ironbark Capital 's financials
- How volatile are Ironbark Capital shares?
- Does Ironbark Capital pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Ironbark Capital 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Ironbark Capital 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.465, which is 10.58% down on its pre-crash value of $0.52 and 40.91% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.33.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Ironbark Capital shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $723.81 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $885.71.
Ironbark Capital share priceUse our graph to track the performance of IBC stocks over time.
Ironbark Capital shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.465|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.375 - AUDA$0.54|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.4418|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.4321|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.02 (4.35%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.043|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Ironbark Capital stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Ironbark Capital price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-23)||0%|
|1 month (2020-10-01)||4.49%|
|3 months (2020-07-31)||10.71%|
|6 months (2020-05-01)||8.14%|
|1 year (2019-10-31)||-7.00%|
|2 years (2018-10-31)||-5.10%|
|3 years (2017-10-31)||-10.58%|
|5 years (2015-10-30)||-6.06%|
Is Ironbark Capital under- or over-valued?
Valuing Ironbark Capital stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Ironbark Capital 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Ironbark Capital 's P/E ratio
Ironbark Capital 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 10x. In other words, Ironbark Capital shares trade at around 10x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Ironbark Capital financials
|Operating margin TTM||112.89%|
|Gross profit TTM||$-3,685,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-4.01%|
|Return on equity TTM||-4.07%|
|Market capitalisation||$57.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Ironbark Capital share dividends
We're not expecting Ironbark Capital to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Ironbark Capital share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Ironbark Capital 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.375 up to $0.54. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Ironbark Capital 's is 0.6188. This would suggest that Ironbark Capital 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Ironbark Capital overview
Ironbark Capital Limited is an closed-ended balanced mutual fund launched and advised by Kaplan Funds Management Pty Ltd. The fund invests in the public equity and fixed income markets of Australia. It seeks to invest in stocks of companies operating across diversified sectors. The fund invests in various companies listed on the Australian stock exchanges. The fund benchmarks the performance of its portfolios against the ASX 300 Index. It was formerly known as BT Australian Equity Management Limited. Ironbark Capital Limited was formed in March 1987 and is domiciled in Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy the US Vegan Climate ETF | N/AN/A
Steps to owning and managing buy US Vegan Climate ETF units.
How to buy Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares | A$0.023
Steps to owning and managing Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares from Australia.
How to buy Ironbark Capital shares | $56.73
Steps to owning and managing Bunge Ltd shares from Australia.
How to buy Ironbark Capital shares | $37.47
Steps to owning and managing Conagra Brands shares from Australia.
How to buy Ironbark Capital shares | $67.1
Steps to owning and managing Kellogg Company shares from Australia.
How to buy Ironbark Capital shares | $70.89
Steps to owning and managing Ingredion shares from Australia
How to buy Ironbark Capital shares | $59.71
Steps to owning and managing Tyson Foods shares from Australia.
Where to buy writing pencils online in Australia
A list of stores to buy writing pencils online in Australia.
Where to buy wrapper & band sorter racks online in Australia
A list of stores to buy wrapper & band sorter racks online in Australia.
Where to buy wooden lead pencils online in Australia
A list of stores to buy wooden lead pencils online in Australia.
Ask an Expert