We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
iRobot Corporation (IRBT) is a leading consumer electronics business with stocks listed in the US. It opened the day at US$123.54 after a previous close of US$123.36. During the day the price has varied from a low of USD121.78 to a high of USD128.27. The latest price was USD124.11 (25 minute delay). iRobot Corporation is listed on the NASDAQ. All prices are listed in US Dollars.
How to buy shares in iRobot Corporation
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for iRobot Corporation. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: IRBT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until iRobot Corporation reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$123.36, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of iRobot Corporation, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of iRobot Corporation. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- iRobot Corporation key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is iRobot Corporation stock a buy or sell?
- iRobot Corporation performance over time
- Can I short iRobot Corporation shares?
- Are iRobot Corporation shares over-valued?
- iRobot Corporation's financials
- How volatile are iRobot Corporation shares?
- Does iRobot Corporation pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
iRobot Corporation share priceUse our graph to track the performance of IRBT stocks over time.
iRobot Corporation shares at a glance
|52-week range||US$32.79 - US$197.4|
|50-day moving average||US$109.2712|
|200-day moving average||US$86.6254|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||US$5.14|
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy iRobot Corporation stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
iRobot Corporation price performance over time
|1 week (2021-02-17)||N/A|
|1 month (2021-01-24)||N/A|
|3 months (2020-11-24)||N/A|
|6 months (2020-08-24)||N/A|
|1 year (2020-02-24)||N/A|
|2 years (2019-02-24)||N/A|
|3 years (2018-02-24)||N/A|
|5 years (2016-02-24)||N/A|
Is iRobot Corporation under- or over-valued?
Valuing iRobot Corporation stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of iRobot Corporation's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
iRobot Corporation's P/E ratio
iRobot Corporation's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 22x. In other words, iRobot Corporation shares trade at around 22x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the trailing 12-month P/E ratio for the NASDAQ 100 at the end of 2019 (27.29). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
iRobot Corporation's PEG ratio
iRobot Corporation's "price/earnings-to-growth ratio" can be calculated by dividing its P/E ratio by its growth – to give 2.72. A low ratio can be interpreted as meaning the shares offer better value, while a higher ratio can be interpreted as meaning the shares offer worse value.
The PEG ratio provides a broader view than just the P/E ratio, as it gives more insight into iRobot Corporation's future profitability. By accounting for growth, it could also help you if you're comparing the share prices of multiple high-growth companies.
iRobot Corporation's EBITDA
iRobot Corporation's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is US$179 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a iRobot Corporation's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
iRobot Corporation financials
|Revenue TTM||US$1.4 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||10.23%|
|Gross profit TTM||US$672.1 million|
|Return on assets TTM||8.67%|
|Return on equity TTM||20.2%|
|Market capitalisation||US$3.3 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Shorting iRobot Corporation shares
There are currently 6.5 million iRobot Corporation shares held short by investors – that's known as iRobot Corporation's "short interest". This figure is 38.2% down from 10.5 million last month.
There are a few different ways that this level of interest in shorting iRobot Corporation shares can be evaluated.
iRobot Corporation's "short interest ratio" (SIR)
iRobot Corporation's "short interest ratio" (SIR) is the quantity of iRobot Corporation shares currently shorted divided by the average quantity of iRobot Corporation shares traded daily (recently around 1.7 million). iRobot Corporation's SIR currently stands at 3.84. In other words for every 100,000 iRobot Corporation shares traded daily on the market, roughly 3840 shares are currently held short.
However iRobot Corporation's short interest can also be evaluated against the total number of iRobot Corporation shares, or, against the total number of tradable iRobot Corporation shares (the shares that aren't held by "insiders" or major long-term shareholders – also known as the "float"). In this case iRobot Corporation's short interest could be expressed as 0.23% of the outstanding shares (for every 100,000 iRobot Corporation shares in existence, roughly 230 shares are currently held short) or 0.4025% of the tradable shares (for every 100,000 tradable iRobot Corporation shares, roughly 403 shares are currently held short).
Such a low SIR usually points to an optimistic outlook for the share price, with fewer people currently willing to bet against iRobot Corporation.
Find out more about how you can short iRobot Corporation stock.
iRobot Corporation share dividends
We're not expecting iRobot Corporation to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
iRobot Corporation share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, iRobot Corporation's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$32.79 up to US$197.4. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NASDAQ average) beta is 1, while iRobot Corporation's is 1.3725. This would suggest that iRobot Corporation's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
iRobot Corporation overview
iRobot Corporation designs, builds, and sells robots to the consumer market in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and internationally. It offers Roomba floor vacuuming robots; Braava family of automatic floor mopping robots; Terra robotic lawn mower products; and Root robots designed to help children learn how to code. The company sells its products through distributor and retail sales channels, as well as through online stores and resellers. iRobot Corporation was founded in 1990 and is headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert