How to buy iRobot Corporation (IRBT) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in iRobot Corporation shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
iRobot Corporation (IRBT) is a leading furnishings, fixtures & appliances business with stocks listed in the US. It opened the day at US$89.47 after a previous close of US$88.58. During the day the price has varied from a low of USD89.16 to a high of USD93. The latest price was USD92.01 (25 minute delay). iRobot Corporation is listed on the NASDAQ. All prices are listed in US Dollars.
How to buy shares in iRobot Corporation
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for iRobot Corporation. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: IRBT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until iRobot Corporation reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$88.58, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of iRobot Corporation, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of iRobot Corporation. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- iRobot Corporation key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is iRobot Corporation stock a buy or sell?
- iRobot Corporation performance over time
- Are iRobot Corporation shares over-valued?
- iRobot Corporation's financials
- How volatile are iRobot Corporation shares?
- Does iRobot Corporation pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
iRobot Corporation stock price (NASDAQ:IRBT)Use our graph to track the performance of IRBT stocks over time.
iRobot Corporation shares at a glance
|52-week range||US$63.37 - US$197.4|
|50-day moving average||US$77.2412|
|200-day moving average||US$88.8626|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||US$2.63|
Where to buy iRobot Corporation stock
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy iRobot Corporation stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
iRobot Corporation price performance over time
|1 week (2022-01-06)||37.02%|
|1 month (2021-12-16)||45.03%|
|3 months (2021-10-15)||11.99%|
|6 months (2021-07-16)||7.03%|
|1 year (2021-01-15)||3.14%|
|2 years (2020-01-16)||64.66%|
|3 years (2019-01-16)||8.25%|
|5 years (2017-01-13)||55.37%|
Stocks similar to iRobot Corporation
Is iRobot Corporation under- or over-valued?
Valuing iRobot Corporation stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of iRobot Corporation's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
iRobot Corporation's P/E ratio
iRobot Corporation's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 25x. In other words, iRobot Corporation shares trade at around 25x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the trailing 12-month P/E ratio for the NASDAQ 100 at the end of 2019 (27.29). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
iRobot Corporation's PEG ratio
iRobot Corporation's "price/earnings-to-growth ratio" can be calculated by dividing its P/E ratio by its growth – to give 2.72. A low ratio can be interpreted as meaning the shares offer better value, while a higher ratio can be interpreted as meaning the shares offer worse value.
The PEG ratio provides a broader view than just the P/E ratio, as it gives more insight into iRobot Corporation's future profitability. By accounting for growth, it could also help you if you're comparing the share prices of multiple high-growth companies.
iRobot Corporation's EBITDA
iRobot Corporation's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is US$101.4 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a iRobot Corporation's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
iRobot Corporation financials
|Revenue TTM||US$1.7 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||4.26%|
|Gross profit TTM||US$672.1 million|
|Return on assets TTM||3.79%|
|Return on equity TTM||9.88%|
|Market capitalisation||US$1.8 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
iRobot Corporation share dividends
We're not expecting iRobot Corporation to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
iRobot Corporation share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, iRobot Corporation's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$63.37 up to US$197.4. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NASDAQ average) beta is 1, while iRobot Corporation's is 1.2205. This would suggest that iRobot Corporation's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
iRobot Corporation overview
iRobot Corporation designs, builds, and sells robots in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Japan, and internationally. It offers Roomba floor vacuuming robots; Braava family of automatic floor mopping robots; and Root robots to help children learn how to code. The company sells its products through distributor and retail sales channels, as well as through online stores and resellers. iRobot Corporation was incorporated in 1990 and is headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts.
iRobot Corporation in the news
Supreme Court vaccine mandate ruling won't bar companies from demanding Covid shots for workers — Biden vows to advocate for that
Top Robotics Stocks for Q1 2022
Two of Sen. Kyrsten Sinema's former aides have lobbied for corporate giants looking to influence Joe Biden's agenda
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Interview: RAQ founder talks Abbie Chatfield swim collection
RAQ Apparel founder Sophia Argyropoulos chats the inspo for Abbie Chatfield swimwear collab and the secret to finding the perfect bikini.
7 ways to elevate your home movie experience [SPONSORED] Turn your low-key movie nights into a main attraction that can keep everyone entertained.
American Express Qantas Corporate Gold Card
With a 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards offer and complimentary Qantas Business Rewards membership, is this the right card for your business?
How to watch Liverpool vs Arsenal Carabao Cup live and free in Australia
Liverpool and Arsenal battle for a place in the League Cup final.
Rapid antigen tests: When will RAT stock be available? [UPDATED]
Rapid antigen tests are proving extremely hard to find, but there are options if you can be patient trying to find a RAT.
New on Netflix, Prime Video, Disney Plus, Stan, Foxtel, BINGE and more in January 2022
You can easily elevate your binge-watching game in the New Year.
Where to watch DC series Peacemaker online in Australia
He believes in peace at any cost – no matter how many people he has to kill to get it.
How to watch Melbourne Renegades vs Melbourne Stars BBL live and match preview
Both Melbourne teams are fighting for their seasons as we embark on derby number 2
10 beauty trends that’ll pop off in 2022
From clean beauty to bedazzled everything, these are the makeup looks will take over 2022 and the products you need to pull them off.
Compare rapid antigen test brands: How do they stack up?
Not all tests are created equal here are the different brands compared.
Ask an Expert