How to buy Intra Energy Corporation shares | A$0.008
Own Intra Energy Corporation shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Intra Energy Corporation Limited is a thermal coal business based in Australia. Intra Energy Corporation shares (IEC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.008 – a decrease of 11.11% over the previous week. Intra Energy Corporation has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $37.8 million.
How to buy shares in Intra Energy Corporation
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Intra Energy Corporation . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: IEC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Intra Energy Corporation reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.008, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Intra Energy Corporation . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Intra Energy Corporation key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Intra Energy Corporation stock a buy or sell?
- Intra Energy Corporation performance over time
- Are Intra Energy Corporation shares over-valued?
- Intra Energy Corporation 's financials
- How volatile are Intra Energy Corporation shares?
- Does Intra Energy Corporation pay a dividend?
- Have Intra Energy Corporation shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Intra Energy Corporation 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Intra Energy Corporation 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.008, which is 37.50% up on its pre-crash value of $0.005 and 100.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.004.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Intra Energy Corporation shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $714.29 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,142.86.
Intra Energy Corporation share priceUse our graph to track the performance of IEC stocks over time.
Intra Energy Corporation shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.008|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.004 - AUDA$0.015|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0092|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0066|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.008|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Intra Energy Corporation stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Intra Energy Corporation price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-12)||-11.11%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||-15.79%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||0%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||60.00%|
|1 year (2019-10-16)||33.33%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||-27.27%|
|3 years (2017-10-16)||14.29%|
|5 years (2015-10-16)||N/A|
Is Intra Energy Corporation under- or over-valued?
Valuing Intra Energy Corporation stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Intra Energy Corporation 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Intra Energy Corporation 's P/E ratio
Intra Energy Corporation 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 1x. In other words, Intra Energy Corporation shares trade at around 1x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Intra Energy Corporation 's EBITDA
Intra Energy Corporation 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $2.1 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Intra Energy Corporation 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Intra Energy Corporation financials
|Revenue TTM||$37.8 million|
|Operating margin TTM||1.28%|
|Gross profit TTM||$8.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||1.39%|
|Return on equity TTM||0%|
|Market capitalisation||$3.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Intra Energy Corporation share dividends
We're not expecting Intra Energy Corporation to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Intra Energy Corporation 's shares ever split?
Intra Energy Corporation 's shares were split on 25 August 2009.
Intra Energy Corporation share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Intra Energy Corporation 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.004 up to $0.015. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Intra Energy Corporation 's is 2.6176. This would suggest that Intra Energy Corporation 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Intra Energy Corporation overview
Intra Energy Corporation Limited, a mining and energy company, primarily engages in the exploration, production, sale, and supply of coal in Eastern Africa. The company's flagship project is the Tancoal mine located in the Ngaka Coalfields, Tanzania. It is also involved in the exploration and development of the Minas Do Lurio gold project comprising 168.56 square kilometers of prospecting license located in the Lúrio Belt, Mozambique. The company was formerly known as Atomic Resources Limited and changed its name to Intra Energy Corporation Limited in April 2011. Intra Energy Corporation Limited was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert