How to buy Ingenia Communities shares | A$4.44
Own Ingenia Communities shares in just a few minutes.
Ingenia Communities Group is a reit—residential business based in Australia. Ingenia Communities shares (INA) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $4.44 – an increase of 1.6% over the previous week. Ingenia Communities has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $244.3 million.
How to buy shares in Ingenia Communities
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Ingenia Communities. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: INA. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Ingenia Communities reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $4.44, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Ingenia Communities. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Ingenia Communities key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Ingenia Communities stock a buy or sell?
- Ingenia Communities performance over time
- Are Ingenia Communities shares over-valued?
- Ingenia Communities's financials
- How volatile are Ingenia Communities shares?
- Does Ingenia Communities pay a dividend?
- Have Ingenia Communities shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Ingenia Communities's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Ingenia Communities's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $4.44, which is 14.29% down on its pre-crash value of $5.18 and 66.29% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $2.67.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Ingenia Communities shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $584.39 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $936.71.
Ingenia Communities share priceUse our graph to track the performance of INA stocks over time.
Ingenia Communities shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$4.44|
|52-week range||AUDA$2.67 - AUDA$5.28|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$4.6517|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$4.1608|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.09 (2.01%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.118|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Ingenia Communities stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Ingenia Communities price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-11)||1.60%|
|1 month (2020-08-18)||-7.31%|
|3 months (2020-06-18)||-1.11%|
|6 months (2020-03-18)||30.59%|
|1 year (2019-09-18)||16.29%|
|2 years (2018-09-18)||48.96%|
|3 years (2017-09-18)||76.04%|
|5 years (2015-09-18)||73.37%|
Is Ingenia Communities under- or over-valued?
Valuing Ingenia Communities stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Ingenia Communities's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Ingenia Communities's P/E ratio
Ingenia Communities's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 37x. In other words, Ingenia Communities shares trade at around 37x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Ingenia Communities's EBITDA
Ingenia Communities's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $94.8 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Ingenia Communities's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Ingenia Communities financials
|Revenue TTM||$244.3 million|
|Operating margin TTM||38.35%|
|Gross profit TTM||$75.6 million|
|Return on assets TTM||5.73%|
|Return on equity TTM||4.02%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.4 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Ingenia Communities share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 97.28% of net profits
Recently Ingenia Communities has paid out, on average, around 97.28% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 2.01% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Ingenia Communities shareholders could enjoy a 2.01% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Ingenia Communities's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.09 per share.
Ingenia Communities's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 20 August 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have Ingenia Communities's shares ever split?
Ingenia Communities's shares were split on a 1:6 basis on 18 November 2015. So if you had owned 6 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Ingenia Communities shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 500% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Ingenia Communities shares which in turn could have impacted Ingenia Communities's share price.
Ingenia Communities share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Ingenia Communities's shares have ranged in value from as little as $2.67 up to $5.28. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Ingenia Communities's is 0.6934. This would suggest that Ingenia Communities's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Ingenia Communities overview
Ingenia Communities (Ingenia) is a leading Australian property group that owns, operates and develops a growing portfolio of lifestyle and holiday communities across key urban and coastal markets. We are committed to creating communities where our residents and visitors can truly belong. Ingenia is an S&P/ASX 200 entity with a market capitalisation of over $1.2 billion and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange under the stock market trading code ?INA'. With a positive impact on over 5,000 residents each and every day, our commitment to all stakeholders is to perform with integrity, foster respect for all and build community through continuous improvement in everything we do. In addition to the Group's on balance sheet portfolio of 61 communities, Ingenia's portfolio includes: two greenfield lifestyle community developments owned through a development Joint Venture with Sun Communities, Inc (NYSE: SUI); and nine established communities (plus one development asset) through the Group's managed funds. In addition to ownership interests in the JV and funds, Ingenia receives fees as manager and developer of these entities. The Group is supported by over 3,500 investors and has 700 employees dedicated to creating community for our residents and guests.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert