How to buy Ikwezi Mining (IKW) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Ikwezi Mining shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Ikwezi Mining Limited is a thermal coal business based in Australia. Ikwezi Mining shares (IKW) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Ikwezi Mining has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $28.9 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Ikwezi Mining
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Ikwezi Mining . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: IKW. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Ikwezi Mining reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Ikwezi Mining . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Ikwezi Mining key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Ikwezi Mining stock a buy or sell?
- Ikwezi Mining performance over time
- Are Ikwezi Mining shares over-valued?
- Ikwezi Mining 's financials
- How volatile are Ikwezi Mining shares?
- Does Ikwezi Mining pay a dividend?
- Have Ikwezi Mining shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Ikwezi Mining stock price (ASX:IKW)Use our graph to track the performance of IKW stocks over time.
Ikwezi Mining shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.004 - $0.6|
|50-day moving average||$0.195|
|200-day moving average||$0.3052|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.048|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Ikwezi Mining stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Ikwezi Mining price performance over time
|1 month (2021-07-02)||16.67%|
|3 months (2021-04-30)||-25.00%|
|1 year (2020-07-29)||inf%|
|2 years (2019-07-29)||inf%|
|3 years (2018-07-29)||inf%|
|5 years (2016-07-29)||inf%|
Is Ikwezi Mining under- or over-valued?
Valuing Ikwezi Mining stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Ikwezi Mining 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Ikwezi Mining 's P/E ratio
Ikwezi Mining 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 4x. In other words, Ikwezi Mining shares trade at around 4x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Ikwezi Mining 's EBITDA
Ikwezi Mining 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $2.4 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Ikwezi Mining 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Ikwezi Mining financials
|Revenue TTM||$28.9 million|
|Operating margin TTM||4.12%|
|Gross profit TTM||$1.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.84%|
|Return on equity TTM||11.87%|
|Market capitalisation||$8.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Ikwezi Mining share dividends
We're not expecting Ikwezi Mining to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Ikwezi Mining 's shares ever split?
Ikwezi Mining 's shares were split on a 1:100 basis on 10 January 2021. So if you had owned 100 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Ikwezi Mining shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 9900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Ikwezi Mining shares which in turn could have impacted Ikwezi Mining 's share price.
Ikwezi Mining share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Ikwezi Mining 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.004 up to $0.6. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Ikwezi Mining 's is -0.6762. This would suggest that Ikwezi Mining 's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Ikwezi Mining has bucked the trend.
Ikwezi Mining overview
Ikwezi Mining Limited engages in the coal mining and development activities. It operates the Kliprand Colliery and Emoyeni coal bene?ciation plants located in the Dannhauser, Kwa-zulu Natal province of South Africa. The company was incorporated in 2011 and is based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Ikwezi Mining in the news
There's Been No Shortage Of Growth Recently For Ikwezi Mining's (ASX:IKW) Returns On Capital
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the X2M Connect IPO
Everything we know about the X2M Connect IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Industrial Minerals (IND.AU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Industrial Minerals shares.
How to invest in the SSH Group IPO
Everything we know about the SSH Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Iris Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Iris Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Li-S Energy IPO
Everything we know about the Li-S Energy IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO
Everything we know about the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the TEK-Ocean Group IPO
Everything we know about the TEK-Ocean Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy HNC Coin (HNC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hellenic Coin (HNC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Maro (MARO) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Maro (MARO) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Ethernity Chain (ERN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Ethernity Chain (ERN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert