How to buy IDT Australia (IDT) shares
Learn how to easily invest in IDT Australia shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
IDT Australia Limited is a drug manufacturers-specialty & generic business based in Australia. IDT Australia shares (IDT) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. IDT Australia has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $16.9 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in IDT Australia
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for IDT Australia . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: IDT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until IDT Australia reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of IDT Australia . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- IDT Australia key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is IDT Australia stock a buy or sell?
- IDT Australia performance over time
- Are IDT Australia shares over-valued?
- IDT Australia 's financials
- How volatile are IDT Australia shares?
- Does IDT Australia pay a dividend?
- Have IDT Australia shares ever split?
- Other common questions
IDT Australia stock price (ASX:IDT)Use our graph to track the performance of IDT stocks over time.
IDT Australia shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.16 - $0.755|
|50-day moving average||$0.6188|
|200-day moving average||$0.4348|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.009|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy IDT Australia stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
IDT Australia price performance over time
|1 week (2021-10-19)||-0.84%|
|1 month (2021-09-24)||-10.61%|
|3 months (2021-07-26)||53.25%|
|6 months (2021-04-26)||51.28%|
|1 year (2020-10-26)||257.58%|
|2 years (2019-10-25)||257.58%|
|3 years (2018-10-26)||257.58%|
|5 years (2016-10-26)||174.42%|
Is IDT Australia under- or over-valued?
Valuing IDT Australia stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of IDT Australia 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
IDT Australia 's P/E ratio
IDT Australia 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 62x. In other words, IDT Australia shares trade at around 62x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
IDT Australia 's EBITDA
IDT Australia 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $2.6 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a IDT Australia 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
IDT Australia financials
|Revenue TTM||$16.9 million|
|Operating margin TTM||5.71%|
|Gross profit TTM||$15.1 million|
|Return on assets TTM||1.93%|
|Return on equity TTM||8.26%|
|Market capitalisation||$134.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
IDT Australia share dividends
We're not expecting IDT Australia to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have IDT Australia 's shares ever split?
IDT Australia 's shares were split on 15 April 2010.
IDT Australia share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, IDT Australia 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.16 up to $0.755. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while IDT Australia 's is 0.4609. This would suggest that IDT Australia 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
IDT Australia overview
IDT Australia Limited researches, develops, manufactures, and sells active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and finished dose form products in Australia and internationally. The company offers analytical method development, stability chambers, and chemistry and microbiology quality control laboratory services. Its services also include project management, chemical, analytical chemistry, pharmacy, clinical packaging, and regulatory affairs, as well as pharmaceutical development services in all dosage forms. In addition, the company offers medicinal cannabis products; and various contract manufacturing services. IDT Australia Limited was founded in 1975 and is headquartered in Boronia, Australia.
Stocks similar to IDT Australia
IDT Australia in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy BITO ETF units | $40.58
Steps to owning and managing ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF units.
Why is the AMP share price looking up today?
Shares in the wealth management giant have been largely stable in the last 6 months.
How to invest in the Judo Capital Holdings IPO
Everything we know about the Judo Capital Holdings IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Alloggio Group IPO
Everything we know about the Alloggio Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Larvotto Resources IPO
Everything we know about the Larvotto Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Vulcan Steel IPO
Everything we know about the Vulcan Steel IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Artrya IPO
Everything we know about the Artrya IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the 8 Au IPO
Everything we know about the 8 Au IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Radiopharm Theranostics IPO
Everything we know about the Radiopharm Theranostics IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
What has prompted the rebound in the Kogan share price?
The online retailer’s shares have lost more than half their value in the last 12 months.
Ask an Expert